Friday, May 02, 2008

[ A day trip and an update ]

Wow, has it really been this long since i last posted? I cant believe it. A lot has happened which i guess is why this gap has occurred. So let me fill you in on what has been going on with me.

Last weekend i had a lovely 4 day weekend. On Friday i decided to treat myself. I got in the car and headed up the motorway. I ended up stopping in Newark. A lovely little "seaside town" without the sea. It does have a river though so i guess you could say it is a riverside town. Anyway, it was just what i needed. Some fresh air, lots of walking, some shopping, some thinking and lots and lots of fun!

These photos were taken with my camera phone so some of them are not the best but that's ok
Do you know what else i love? Bumping into friends who you haven't seen in ages! Well, if i am being accurate it was she who bumped into me but we chatted, did a bit of catching up and are going out this weekend. I am really looking forward to it.

I have also started walking 5 days a week. I get up early and walk about 2 miles Monday through to Friday. I am loving it. I have even started to add a LITTLE jogging into the mix. I have a lovely little park near my house and this is where i go every morning. Before i know it i will be running the full 2 miles!
Because of this and because i have been working on eating better i have now lost 15.5 pounds! Wohoo to me.
I have also decided to go back to Uni in October. I no longer feel that accounting is what i want to be doing and in a life that is so short i just feel like i need to be doing something that i am going to love doing. something that will allow me to help other people, to make a difference and that might be a little more suited to me. I am going to get my BSc (honours) Psychology degree.
I am also going to try to get my Indefinite Leave to Remain over the next two months. It is a lot of money but if i can get it before i register for Uni then i will be able to get Financial Aid as well - which will be a big help. Ill also get money towards a new computer which will be great!
That's about it i think - well at least what i can remember at the moment. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

What a great update!!!!! Love the pics! Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by and signing up for my challenge. It officially starts Monday so on Monday send me your official weight. Here's to lots of pounds gone!!!

BTW, love the pics. I am jealous that you have a park nearby. *sigh

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online