Friday, June 06, 2008

[ Happy Days ]

First things first - I got good news today. I am healthy and happy. I might need to go in for minor surgery but that is all that it will be ….minor. I am so relieved! This experience has really been an eye opener for me and like everything else that has been going on in my life this year - this is something that has really been challenging for me.


"If we truly want to create a life that is grounded in basic well-being, we must decide to commit
ourselves to learning what it take to thrive instead of merely survive." - Susan Velasquez



In light of what I have been facing I have had some fantastic emails sent to me. The first was the quote above which was sent by morningmantra and this little quote reminded me that I don’t just want to get through this life ….. I want to thrive! I want to love my life and live it that way. When things go wrong, when dreams are broken, relationships end and you face health scares it is easy to find ourselves in the surviving mode. And you know what, I think that this place is sometimes where we need to be when we are dealing with these situations at the start but for me the key is to not stay there. To not wake up six months down the line and realise that you are still just trying to survive. I want more and I have started to live my life like that. I want to thrive. I want a great life!


And then there is my new banner! I love it. Again it is a gentle reminder for me not to waste my life. To make the most of every single day. To look at my priorities in life and jiggle them around so that they better suit what I want to achieve and how I want to live my life. It is so easy to find yourself going through the motions and I just don’t want to do that anymore. I want to be aware of what is going on around me, as they say I want to stop and smell the roses.


Another thing that I have been working on is being more positive. Thinking positively, doing positively and most importantly speaking positively. A little while ago I got an email from Joel Osteen about Giving your Faith a Voice. He says it better than I do so if you have a few minutes please have a read….it might just change your life!


"Every believer has been given a measure of faith. In order to see the promises of God come to pass in your life, you have to give your faith a voice. You must declare what God says about you in His Word. Those seeds of faith inside you are activated when you speak them out into the atmosphere. That’s why the scripture tells us, “Let the weak say I am strong. Let the poor say I am rich.” When you give your faith a voice and send forth the Word of God out of your mouth, the Bible says that He watches over His Word to bring it to pass in your life. Don’t dig up your seed by speaking against His Word. Don’t allow words of defeat or negativity to come out of your mouth. Instead, water your seed by continuing to declare the Word of God. When you wake up every morning, thank Him that His promises are coming to pass in your life. As you do, you will see those things come to pass, and you will live the life of victory God has prepared for you"


Enough chattering from me I guess. I am off to have a lovely weekend, to spend time with family and friends, to do some exercise, some baking and I might even take some time to do some painting. I haven't had much time to paint these past few months and I miss it so I thought I would get my hands dirty.


Oh yes, did I mention that I already know what I will be giving for Christmas pressies this year? Yup, I am on the ball!

2 comments:

Martha said...

Hi there, this is my first visit to your blog, and I just loved this post. It is so refreshing to hear a "voice" that is so positive and inspiring! I have truly only been surviving for some years now, and I too want to thrive! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I love the new look and such a positive post.

And I am going to flog you :P You haven't been updating me each week on the challenge unless I am not getting it or somethin.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online