Tuesday, June 17, 2008

[ HYC Update ]

This week: 264.4 lbs

The scales haven't exactly been going the way I would have liked them to the past few weeks and It has been showing with my updates….or should I say lack of updates. It is so frustrating. Up a pound, down half, up two pounds, no change, up half a pound, down one. I just can seem to get out of this bracket. This morning I had a look back at my records and from the end of April until today I have been fighting with the same four pounds. It is really getting me down and I am trying hard but I am starting to feel hopeless again.



I can definitely tell when I go off track a bit. My body feels horrible and I feel icky. When I am eating properly and exercising I feel good in myself - even though the weight isn't shifting. So that is a positive thing. I like feeling better about myself. I like feeling healthier.



I seem to have hit another snag though. I hurt my knee last week while I was jogging. I can walk OK but when it comes to going up or down stairs it clicks and absolutely aches. My mom has said that I should try to rest it for a few days but here is the problem… I have one flight of stairs at work which I have to go up and down several times a day. I live in a flat that has two flight of stairs in it. There is just no getting away from stairs for me and I don’t want to do any more damage to my knee so I am taking some anti-inflammatory and some glucosamine tablets to help with the joint. I don’t know if this will help or not but I thought that it couldn't’t hurt to give it a try.



So I was wondering if you could answer a question for me? How often do you guys weigh yourself? Do you do It Daily, Weekly or monthly? If you do it daily do the ups and downs upset things? And if you have any suggestions on what to try or do to get myself out of this cycle I would greatly appreciate it.

4 comments:

Irish Mom said...

I use to weigh myself daily (in the morning after a tinkle). Now I try to wait a few days. Its quite addicting and effects my mood for the rest of the day. Which is great if I have lost, but a real stinker after a gain!! I have been struggling with the same few pounds myself. Its quite frustrating. Makes me go off plan actually.I gues being aware is part of the battle.

MaryFran said...

I personally weigh myself everyday. This way I can see quickly the effects certain foods have upon me. That said, ONLY weigh yourself each day if you can handle seeing the natural flucuations that your body will throw at you!

Martha said...

I weigh myself almost daily. Like you, I can get upset by the ups, but the downs really excite and motivate me. The way I deal with the downs is to make sure I've been eating right and being active-that way, I'm confident that its just a blip or water retention on the scale and not actual poundage.

(sorry about the misspellings...I'm horrid w/o spell checker!:-)

Anonymous said...

I weigh myself a couple of times a week but the only one I count is the Monday morning weigh in. Don't feel bad, I have been playing with the same five pounds since February..quite frustrating. This week though, I am hoping to change that!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online