Wednesday, August 13, 2008

[ I have decided to go with the flow……. ]

I can tell that I am getting older and wiser as they say…..I am trying harder to go with the flow and not get stressed out about things that I can not control. This is no easy task but I am learning that it does make living life that little bit easier.

"So whats flowing?" you ask - let me share………..

* I have only got 7 more working days and then I am off to start my new job.
* I leave for a weeks holiday to Scotland in 3 days and have yet to do any packing.
* I found a flat that I love and want so badly. I put my name and money forward to the agency and am now just waiting for them to come back to me with a "Yes you have been successful and not thrown away £150" or a "No, we don’t want you living in our beautiful flat but thanks for the money". I'm praying and hoping that it’s the first one.

* Oh, and since I am very impatient and REALLY REALLY want this flat I gave my current Landlord his four weeks notice Saturday just gone. Yup, I don’t believe in dipping my toe in the water first - I might as well just jump and figure it out along the way.

* I have been spending a lot of time reading Jennettes book and I am loving every minute of it - she is so funny and so real and so often while she is telling her story I can see me doing or having done the exact same thing

* Because I have given my notice I also started packing up my flat. Well, I guess I should say I have just completely made a huge big mess in the name of packing. Its getting sorted out and organised, honest!

* While sorting and organising I am also finding things that I want to sell or get rid of so I now have a nice big pile of stuff that needs a new home.

* And to go in my nice new beautiful flat I have also decided that I want new bedding and new bedroom furniture. I know that I want colour and personality but more than that I am not really sure. I am thinking something along these lines……
or this

or this

*I have also been given a full grant for my first year of study for my Psychology degree. I have now registered for the first year and can not wait to get started. I am so excited about this course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, so many exciting things to look forward too! I really hope you get the flat! Sounds like you truly are starting things fresh. New job, new home, new attitude! Thats awesome!

BTW- I like the first bedding... VERY cute, yet stylish! Good luck with everything. =)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Okay, let's make sure I've got this straight. You're packing for a move you may or may not make a month from now, but you're NOT packing for a trip you're definitely taking in 3 days.

this is why I adore you. :)

Fingers crossed for the new flat, and if we're voting, my fave bedding is the middle picture.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online