Monday, December 17, 2007

The Festive Season

I am sure you all know just how close Christmas is - you don't need me to remind how many shopping days you have left or how many gift wrapping nights lay ahead. This year it has taken a bit of effort to get me into the swing of things. Perhaps its because i don't have children or perhaps i am just getting older. I'm not sure. But i do know that this weekend i have managed to find some of my lost Christmas spirit. I have had some Carols playing in the background. I did a Merry Christmas painting (which will be shown on Christmas day of course) and i have been spending spending spending.

Friday night i popped into Borders before i did my weekly grocery shopping. That afternoon i received a 50% off coupon in my email box and i decided that i should go and see what i could find. I went to my three favourite sections, cooking, crafts and then the magazines. While going through the craft section i found Journal Revolution. I have heard so much about this book that i thought i may as well pick it up. I have had a quick glance through it and so far it really does look good. Then i wondered off to the magazines and what should i find but a pile of Interweave Knits magazines. Now let me just explain that for the past 3 issues i have really been battling to find this thing. Short of ordering it directly from the states i have had to go web hunting to find a copy. The fall magazine i had to resort to buying it off of eBay at some extortionate price but now it looks like my local Borders is going to be selling it. Wohoo, she says while jumping up and down and waving her arms around wildly! It might take a month or so for it to arrive here in the UK but that is OK because i can pick it up at the normal price and i wont have to spend hours searching for it.

I spent a bit of team cleaning out my yarn basket that sits in the lounge on the coffee table. I haven't really picked up any knitting in a little while because i am finding that it is just frustrating me at the moment. So, to help keep my sanity, i put it aside for a little while and when i feel up to it i will take it out and decide what to do from there. Anyways, while i was cleaning it out i found this ball of yarn that picked up ages ago but i don't think i ever shared it. I am planing on using it for my first Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise Jacket.
On Sunday i got a really little treat and Stuart bought me Christina Aguilera's new perfume. Love the bottle and love the fragrance!
Apart from my Merry Christmas painting that i finished this weekend i also managed to complete this little canvas. "Sing your own Song". This was a combination of paint, ink, embroidery and felt. A LOT of fun.
Once my little canvas was ready i decided that it had to go up on the wall along with the other newly finished on. I went outside, grabbed OH's greasy hammer, some nails and happily went along hammering them into the wall. To nails downstairs above the Christmas tree and four nails upstairs above my dressing table.
It really adds a bit of me to the walls. I love it and feel so proud of myself for having them up for all to see....well maybe not for all to see but definantly for me to see.

That's it for me today, Hope you all have a lovely few days.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Let me know how you like the Journal Revolution. I keep hearing about it but have NOT seen it.

Melissa Goodsell said...

The birdie canvas is so beautiful! Love the colours you've used,
Melx

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online