Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Boys and their toys

It is officially the 4Th of December and I can proudly say that all my Christmas shopping is now done - well except for my Christmas presents but there is plenty of time for that. Plus, another bonus is that all those gifts, par one, have all been wrapped up and gift tagged. Now I say "par one" because on Saturday we ventured into town to pick up Stu's Christmas gift. We headed straight for Virgin Megastore, with only one short detour in Game, where he promptly found what he wanted on display, almost pulled it straight out of the demo showers hands and had a full on jam right there in the store! Needless to say we left the shop with one very happy little boy, I mean one very happy other half.

Now, if I managed to have my way, it would have been wrapped up along with the other ones and then he could have it at Christmas but that was not even an option for him. He took it home, opened it up and has been pretty much playing it ever since. This is a photo of him and his brother "rocking"….lol.

I guess on the up side to this, while he has been playing - I mean rocking - I have had some spare time to do some art. After we picked up his Guitar Hero 3 we wondered over to the local art shop where I managed to pick up some Masking Tape fluid to use on my canvas's. When I got home I pulled out a canvas and had a play.
I really love how easy it is to use and next time I want to try something else. My first attempt was pretty simple and straight forward but I have ideas for more! Once I finished the first canvas I decided to pull out my second one. This one is probably about 70% done so I hope to complete it by tonight.

I have also been working in my art journal. I completed one page and am busy with two - don’t ask my why I didn’t finish the one before I started the other but it seems to be a trend that I need to work on. I love my little art journal and this new painting thing that I have started. I'm finding it a great way to express myself, to try something new and to have something which I can feel proud about.
Last night while lying in bed I realised what I would like for Christmas. Some tickets to a ballet or a Broadway show or something along those lines. I have let Santa's little helper know so now I just have to wait and see what happens.


If I do manage to finish my next canvas tonight I will post a picture of it, along with the story behind it, tomorrow.


God Bless

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I know you are glad you have finished your shopping! I love that pic of the "boys" LOL

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online