Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Live Life Everyday

This is my latest painting that i finished off last night. For some reason the background is much bluer than what it is in real life. It is actually a turquoise colour but i must admit that this blue looks just as nice as my turquoise does.
It is my first small (i think it is an 8 x 8) painting and it is going in my bedroom along with another one that i am working on and i am hoping to start a third one in the next week or so.
I love how quick it was to paint and the freedom that i felt with the smaller space.
This is just a reminder to myself to Live Life Everyday. You don't know how long you have on this earth and you don't know when you might find yourself in different circumstances so Live your Life Everyday!
I was introduced to Zen habbits by Ali a few months ago and just the other day it had an article on living your life consciously. It was about making conscious decisions about your day, your actions and your life. It was about being present in that moment in your life, not just aimlessly moving through your life. It also spoke about those decisions that are automatic. The ones that you just do and don't really think about them. Like picking up that second piece of cake or working in the same company that you have been in for the last five years even though you are not really happy there and living from pay cheque to pay cheque even though you could be managing your finances better. Just things like that. Decisions and choices which help to shape your life so that you get what you want, so that you don't have to settle for second best. I was inspired.

A life lived of choice is a life of conscious action. A life lived of chance is a life of unconscious creation.- Neale Donald Walsch

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

I have NEVER painted on canvas!! I am going to have to try it!!

Anonymous said...

I love her eyes. Was it hard to stitch through the canvas? The bow is a lovely touch.
amanda

Twisted Knitter said...

Oh my - -I totally love your paintings!

And, of course, being a fan of Ali's, this post does totally speak to me.

Thank you for sharing.

Ann(i)e Hafermann said...

really awesome painting!!!
xo

Felicia said...

She's very pretty!

diddley said...

Your paintings are very fun... I love folk art of all sorts. :) I like your Christmas wreath too! Thanks for sharing your art.

Melissa Goodsell said...

WOW, this is really beautiful!
melx

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online