Tuesday, April 01, 2008

[ Be in your skin ]

"Always be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else"
Jude Garland
*
This is another topic from this book that i have been talking about. Being in your skin. Only a few words but oh so powerful. My art journal talks about how Being in your Skin means not pretending that you are someone that you are not. Your personality, your looks - who you are both good and bad make you You. If you want to fully appreciate who you are and where you are at this moment in life you have to be brave enough to Be in your skin.....to be real to yourself and others.
*

I am learning to be confident in who i am now. In how i look at this moment of time. Learning to love myself regardless of the dissapointment of broken dreams, regardless of what others say and of the pressure that i put on myself.
*

I am learning to Be in my skin and to be honest i am having a pretty good time along this journey
*
I know my posts have been pretty short lately and that is ok. Thank you all the emails and the comments - They are so much appreicated and loved
*
I thought i would leave you with a song that i am currently listening to over and over again in my car. A very special someone introduced me to this song - Thank you.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

What a great post!

Jazzy1972 said...

Love the Judy Garland Quote and the Garth Brookes song is great, fab lyrics. Love your blog.

Jay xx

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online