Monday, September 29, 2008

[ A quote to live by ]

"It's tough to do, but you've got to work at living, you know? Most people work at dying, but anybody can die; the easiest thing on this earth is to die. But to live takes guts; it takes energy, vitality, it takes thought. . . . We have so many negative influences out there that are pulling us down. . . . You've got to be strong to overcome these adversities . . . that's why I never stop." - Jack LaLane


I came across this quote while sorting through my inbox this past weekend and it really hit home with me. Living, really living is hard work - especially as an adult.


Its so much more difficult to make friends, to try new things. There seems to be so many barriers and things that get in the way that sometimes you forget that you have the option to do these things. To try new things and to put yourself out there.


I had to be honest with myself and i realised that i haven't been living these past few years. Not in the real world anyway. I only have a handful of people who even knew that i exist at the moment and a lot of those friends are not even in the same country as me. Its difficult to realise that while everyone else has been living their lives and moving forward I have been .... I'm not sure really. Sitting here, waiting for life to come to me i guess. That's not how it works and i have realised that now.


I have decided that i want to live my life. I don't want to be sitting in the background watching my life go by - i want to be living my life. I want to be enjoying it with everything that i have, i want to be doing exciting things, meeting interesting people and doing things that scare me silly.


So i have taken action. "Strike while the iron is hot" as they say! I have booked myself in to a painting class Monday night, body jam on Tuesday, Body Combat on Wednesday, a Study group on Thursday and a Body Balance group on Saturday morning. I have to be out there in the real world to meet people, to make friends and to scare myself silly, right?

This weekend i also got to watch 27 Dresses, twice! And who wouldn't with this cutey, hunky, yummy man...hehe

It is such a feel good, funny chick flick so if you have been sitting on the fence about watching this movie i would say GO FOR IT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

first? LOVED THAT MOVIE AS WELL
next ADORE the lalane

saw him speak once in person and was forever changed (as cheesy as that sounds)

and this?
I have decided that i want to live my life. I don't want to be sitting in the background watching my life go by

ok. GET TO IT :)
todays the first day!

xo xo,

MizFit

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online