Friday, September 29, 2006

Me Time

Over the past few days, since my last post that is, I have taken some time out for me. Even though this has been the plan it has still been a very busy few days so to say that i am looking forward to Saturday for some more Me Time is an understatement! I feel like i am at that point in my life where a major decision is about to be made. I cant explain it, i cant clarify it more than that. I just feel very unsettled in my spirit-like something life altering is about to take place.

This is a layout that i have been working on for a few days. This has been a very personal layout for me and i was in two minds about posting it on here or on anywhere for that matter....but in the end i decided that i may as well because it is part of who i am and what i am going through. We cant just always show the happy, positive sides to ourselves. (for that reason i am not going to retype the hand writen stuff but if you would like to enlarge the pic to have a look it might be easier to read. It was for one of the everyone is speshel dares but i cant remember which one....sorry



Over the past four days we have been having some work done on the house that we are renting. We have had new double glazed windows and a new front and back pvc door. It took the men two days to do the entire house for us and it looks fantastic! They did such a great job with it and what a difference it makes to us inside. The house is so quiet now - we used to be able to hear every car go by, every bus pull over at its stop and even the milkfloat at 5 in the morning. No longer. We are like a little caterpillar wraped up in it's cacoon.
Here are some photos of our nice new windows and doors....




Then yesterday we finally had our kitchen ceiling fixed. We had a leak in the bathroom which led to the kitchen ceiling falling in on us. This happened at least six months ago, and i may be being too kind with that estimate, but we finally have a new ceiling. It took the men about three hours to do and it took me another five hours to clean up all the mess they had created! There i was removing old ceiling, hardened plaster, pieces of rocks or rubble and dust. Dust was coming out of every hole possible! I had to clean the kitchen from top to bottom, left to right. I had to remove the fridge, oven, the dryer, completely clean out all the cupboards as they had managed to get that dirty as well! I am so glad that it is over. Now we have someone coming round next week to paint the house and then we should be good as new....im hoping anyway!



I spent some of my lunch time blog surfing and i came across Ali Edwards blog. One of the links on her blog is "What is my happiness for today" which i think is also part of her blog. Anyway, i have deicded that this is a great idea and just might help me with how i am feeling. It is so important to remember the things in our lives which we can be greatful for. So everday, i am going to keep a gratitude journal type thing. Just a few lines at the end of my blog entry to say what it is that i am greatful for. To remind myself of all the good things i have in my life at the moment, to keep my focus where it should be.

Well, i hope that everyone has a good weekend and i will see you all here on monday. Oh yeah, please also keep my dad in your prayers today as he is going for his first interview in the country and this job would be fantastic if he gets it.

oh yeah, one more thing...do you like my new banner. I had a blast putting it together!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online