Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Pull up a chair....

This one might be a bit of a long one today so feel free to make yourself a cup of tea and get yourself comfy.

First off i just want to say a Big Happy Birthday to my little brother. He turns 24 today!
I made him a card last night but i am not all that happy with it. I don't normally make cards but thought i would give it a go. I might just end up going out and buying him one - we will see.
Yesterday we had some good news. My darling is now a fully fledged truck driver! Yup - he passed his driving test with flying colours and can soon be seen in huge lorry's traveling across the country. Way to go babe - so very proud of you!
My fingers are just itching to do some scrapping, but with my printer being broken i just haven't been able to do any. I have thought about taking my memory card to Asda to get them developed but I am not sure how i would go about editing them so for now i am just holding on. We have the part that i need making its way to us in the post so fingers crossed it will be here soon.

I did do some art work in my art journal the other night.

I am really pleased with how it turned out. I have been collecting stamps from our mail at work and have started to use them in my journal. Just a little extra detail that makes the pages even more interesting and unique.
Once i finished those cute little booties last weekend i started on my next project. By last night this is the progress that i had made.Do you see that blue line? Well, i somehow made a huge mistake and i didn't see it until last night. I am not sure how clear the photo is but it was really ugly. Also, for some or other reason my tension was really off with this. Some stitches were really tight and others really loose. So, i did what had to be done and Frogged it.......a meer two minutes later.......
And can i just add that i really don't like knitting on straight needles. Can anyone tell me if you can knit a pattern that should be on straight needles on circular needles without too much trouble? I don't want to miss out on all these lovely patterns just because of the needles.

Right, i think that is enough for today. Hope that you have a great Wednesday!
~Lynne

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Happy Birthday to your brother! You can do a pattern that calls for straights on circs.I "THINK" you are supposed to add two stitches on each side where the seam would be? Let me see if I can find out for you.

toy said...

happy birthday to your brother, YAY! and that color yarn is beautiful, love it

Anonymous said...

I really want to learn how to knit. We had a yarn store open up in town and I have yet to stop in and get info on classes.

Congrats to hubby on the job and Happy Birthday to your brother.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your brother......September 5th...yes, a very special day to be born!
Melissa S.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online