Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A good clean

Don't you find that sometimes, when things feel on top of you, all you need to do is have a good clean and by magic you feel calmer and more in control? I have been wanting to get my craft room cleaned out and organised for some time now but i always came up with some excuse as to why i just couldn't do it.

Well, on Saturday i decided that i was going to simply do it. I wasn't sure how long i would spend on it or if i would even get it all sorted out but i just felt like i had to make a start on it. Sometimes its that first step that is the most important and in this instant it most definitely was. I should have taken some before photos but i probably would have been too embarrassed to show you them. Here are some after shots though. I did spend most of the day on it but by Saturday night i had gotten it all sorted and felt so much better for doing it.
Saturday night, while watching the World Cup Rugby game i managed to finish my first quilt. I am so pleased with how it has turned out and can not wait until it is hanging on our wall. The blue border really brightens the hole thing up nicely and i have so many leftovers from this that i cant wait to use them in something else.
I also purchased some Christmas fabric a few weeks back for a Christmas quilt. Now all that i have to do is find a pattern that i like. This fabric pack is really nice. Some of the 5 x 5 squares are actually felt and are going to add such a nice variety to the quilt.This morning i managed to catch the postman before i left for work and look what she had for me.

I bought these off of Janet and i totally love them. I think i might need one more skein but i will wait and see. Thank you Janet for such lovely yarn and such quick service.
Tomorrow is the funeral. The flowers have been ordered and my clothes all ironed and pressed. I probably wont be around until Thursday or even Friday so have a good rest of the week.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

I SO understand how you feel! I cleaned out my closet AGAIN last night!! LOL Your quilt is so pretty! I wanted to make one this year, but still haven't decided on the colors! LOL

Anonymous said...

thanks for your prayers....still hanging tight....trying to distract myself and packing a few things......I am realizing I need to organize my closets through this!
Melissa

Ronda Palazzari said...

Sometimes I get crabby and then I realize it is my messy room. A good clean is something I do need to make me feel better. I love love love your first quilt. Those brown squares are awesome!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online