Thursday, October 04, 2007

Why Wait?

This was the message in Ali's Ezine this morning - Why wait. Since I first opened it this morning I have read it and reread it several times. It has been good for me. I am one of those people who saves things for those "special occasions" in my life…perfume, foods, butternut, scrapbooking stash. My list is endless!

Ali has reminded me that I shouldn't’t wait for that "special occasion", I should use it everyday, whenever I want to. And I am going to. Tonight I am going to cut up that butternut, roast it and enjoy it all to myself, then I am heading upstairs to use some of scrapbooking stash that seems to have been bought for looking at only purposes. Tomorrow I am pulling out that special perfume I have been saving and I am going to be spraying that all over….hmmm.

Something else that I got from her this morning was enjoying the moment right now. Not putting it off or hoping for something better - "Enjoying where you are on the way to where you are going", as Joyce often says. Thank you Ali for reminding me of these special things.

Here is my list of 100 things Life List that I am putting together and then as I work through them I will be crossing them off the list. I really enjoyed the process of putting this list together and although it is not yet complete I will be making a start on some of the items that are already on it.

100 Things Life List

Photograph a wedding
Sew a quilt
Have at least 1 child
Get married
Ride a horse
Walk along with Great Wall of China
Go on a cruise and stay in a cabin overlooking the ocean
Own our own home
Stand up for myself more often
Go to the Ballet
Get tickets for a Monster Jam
Make a homemade pizza
Find a cute tea pot and make a cup of tea from it 07.10.07
Get rid of the clutter in my house and in my life
Grow my hair to below my shoulders
Lose all my weight and get back to a healthy size
To be more honest with those around me
Finish my degree and become a chartered accountant
To pay off all of my debt
To go for some sort of dance class
To find a real true friend
Have a great garden with outdoor furniture for the summer
Visit Hooters and have some Chicken wings
Wear more skirts and dresses
To get all my visa and passport issues sorted
To get a British Passport
To grow a herb garden
Get onto a design team for scrapbooking
Go Camping again
Keep my car cleaner
Display more of my Art in our house
Go for a ride on the back of Stu's motorbike 14.10.07
Use up some of the Stuff that is laying around rather than buying more stuff
Save £1000 Safety net fund for emergencies
Redecorate our bedroom

3 comments:

littlepurplecow said...

Thrilled to see you've started your list. Wow - it WOULD be cool to walk along the Great Wall of China.

Anonymous said...

Lynne,
I was inspired by that list too and began mine also....however, you are further along on yours than I am.....good for you! I like many of your entries and may "borrow" some....
Melissa

monica.coffman said...

I was totally inspired by her list as well...good for you to get right on it and make yours. It's a great list!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online