Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The wednesday bump

How i wish that i was sitting at home right now rather than sitting here at work. The feeling to just pack up my desk and walk out is so strong that i thought i had better take a break and so i am siting here updating my blog rather instead.

This morning i was awake by 5am. I got up, saw Stu off to work and then made myself a cup of tea. Once i had put a load of laundry in and made myself some lunch for work i went upstairs and sat down with my art journal, crayons and acrylic paint. I got to spend about 45 minutes with my journal and i am really enjoying the process. I will probably not finish my drawing/painting until tomorrow but when i do i will be sure to share it with you.

Sunday morning we went to a local carboot sale and i managed to pick this up for £4. That's like $2 or something ridiculous like that. It is not often that i come across such a bargain. I have given it a new home in my hobby room and over the next few weeks i will sand it down and repaint it.
As the evenings have been getting darker earlier i have started to work on this lovely little quilt kit that Stu bought me for my birthday. At the point of the photo i had just done the top layer but as of right now i have putting the batting and back fabric together and have even done some machine quilting on it. I now just have to do the binding but that is proving to be a little more trickier and i first thought. I am just waiting for my mom to get back off of holiday so that she can help me with this and then i will be done.
Do you remember this post? Well the very following morning i received this cute kit in the post. I had totally forgotten that i had signed up to a page kit swap on UK Scrappers. How typical is that...lol.
This kit is so lovely but i have put it away for now until i find that i really want to scrap.

Tonight i hope to make some decent progress on my current knitting project as well as make a start on my first pair of socks. There are so many great patterns out there i have not yet decided which socks to knit so first things first i guess i will have to make that decision.
Well that is it from me - back to work i guess.
Toodles

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

What a great find!! Your quilt is going to be BEAUTIFUL!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online