Thursday, October 11, 2007

Time for a change

Pencillines challenge # 53

Balance is something that I am trying to keep as a central focus throughout my day at the moment. We live in such a busy world that when I start to feel bogged down and overwhelmed I take a step back and see just what I am spending my time on and what I am dealing with. Then I ask myself some questions - How much time do I spend on each thing? How important is each thing to me and can I get rid of it, delegate it or not do it all together? I find that by asking these questions it helps me to sort out my priorities which in turn helps me to feel happier with myself and my life.

Another thing that I have found tends to make me feel bogged down and overwhelmed are expectations. Other peoples as well as my own. Lately I have been feeling a little stuck, for lack of a better word, in the inspiration/scrapbooking department. I have just been feeling like there are just so many pages that you can do about yourself, your other half, your cats and then you come to a stand still. Don’t get me wrong - I still love scrapbooking and I will still carry on when I feel like I have something worthwhile to scrap about but right now I am giving myself permission to take a break from it without feeling guilty. I haven't really done much scrapping these past few months - you know like I expect myself to have really done a lot more than what I have - but last night I realised that it is OK to take a break from it and come back to it later. Instead of feeling like I have been in a rut I am going to take my creative energy and use it in my art journal, my knitting and perhaps even my sewing. I think that I was putting too much pressure on myself to be creative in a certain way and when I felt like I was not measuring up it started to affect the other creative areas in my life.

So, this layout might be the last 12 x 12 layout that I do for a little while but don’t worry - I will still be finding ways to express my creative soul and I will still be sharing them on here with you.

5 comments:

domestic goddess said...

love your take on the sketch
anna x

Adrienne said...

Your Lo looks great!!

Anonymous said...

Lynne, I came across this blog and thought of you.....http://catandmonkey.typepad.com Called craft and found....there are lots of knitting links.....
I love the LO, especially the unique perspective....the tennis shoes shot is great!

Anonymous said...

That's a great layout.

monica.coffman said...

Oh my gosh, I could have written that post myself! Breaks are always a good thing. Your layout is great!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online