Friday, March 28, 2008

[ A Great Tip ]

I thought i would share a tip. You might already know this and it is probably old news but just in case you are as behind the times as i am, i thought i would share.
*
Last night i was doing a page in my art journal. Its ones of those pages that seem to come together all on its own. The inspiration hit me while i was crying along with ArmyWives, so i found a scrap piece of paper, wrote it down, dried my eyes and finished watching.
*
When i started working on my page i decided to use one of my pens and do my journaling directly onto my photo. I didn't even give it a second thought that the pen that i was using might not actually be any good to write on a photo with. I picked up my photo to stick to my page and my finger smudged my thoughts.
*
I was totally freaking out because this was my only photo that i had and i cant get another one (a lesson to be learnt here - i know) and now i had ruined it with my smudged finger print. How was i going to fix this one?
*
I sat back and took a few deep breaths. Then it dawned on me - I remember hearing somewhere that to stop glitter from falling off of art items you can use hairspray to keep it on. So i picked up my photo, held my breath and began to spray my photo. Ten minutes later the hairspray had dried and *ta da* my journaling no longer smudged off.
*
I don't know what the effects are from an archival point of view but for my art journal it seems to have worked perfectly!

3 comments:

kelly said...

fab tip lol i would have never thought of that

Tracey said...

FAB tip Thanks

Unknown said...

Great tip. I have a can in my art box - never use it on my hair! Have also been told it is good for getting biro off clothing but haven't tried that out yet.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online