Monday, November 13, 2006

Christmas is in the air

Well, its official. The Christmas season has begun for me. I spent Saturday night with my other halfs aunty, making Christmas cards. I had such a good time making them and she even gave me some of her stuff to take home to make some more with. How kind was that!

So here are my christmas cards so far for this year....



I am so chuffed with how they have turned out!

Friday afternoon i came across this quote on Rhonda's blog archives and it really spoke to me.

There is a sense of exhilaration that comes from facing head-on the hard truths and saying, "We will never give up. We will never capitulate. It might take a long time, but we will find a way to prevail.
-- Jim Collins, from his book, Good to Great

I havent read his book but this quote really did make me stop and think. My weight is a big issue for me and along with that is my self image. Neither of them is what they should be at the moment but reading this quote made me realise that this is something that i can never give up on. I can never just sit here and hope that it will simply go away on its own. I need to face the truth - the truth that the only person who can change this is me and that it will be something that will take a lot of effort on my part, a lot of patience and a lot of falling down and getting back up. I have never been very good with waiting for things that i want....if i want something badly, i tend to want it now! lol. This is not going to be one of those things. So tonight, while i sit here infront of my pc i have made a promise to myself that i wont give up on me! I wont let this battle beat me and in future i wont be so hard on myself. I am going to put all my energy into this! One meal at a time, one day at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that an awesome quote? You know we are the hardest on ourselves than anyone else is. We wouldn't let anyone else walk all over us but we let ourselves to it to ourselves.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online