Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Scrap-therapy

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever."

I never knew how therapeutic this scrapping hobby of ours could be. I have heard of people saying how therapeutic it has been for them...but me - i have never felt this way....until last night that was.

Effer Dare # 47 is Pain. Not something that you would normally see on a layout but I am so glad that i took this challenge on. It's amazing how some layouts just come together, what seems like, all on their own. I sat listening to one of my favourite songs at the moment, Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol, and i just started to think about the things that i have been through in my life so far. I got a pen and a piece of paper and i just wrote....whatever was on my heart and running through my head went onto that piece of paper. I did no amendments and didn't even go back and read through it again as you normally would do.
Then i sat down and put my layout together. It took me just under 90 minutes. This for some may seem like ages but i am normally a very slow scrapper. So for me to do this layout from initial idea right through to a completed item is pretty darn good.
I was in too minds about putting this on here for all to see, especially as it makes me so open and vulnerable, but in the end i decided that this is part of who i am now so why should i keep it hidden.

The quote at the top of my blog is the quote that is sitting on my Fragile Handle with care label on the layout. The journaling reads:
Pain is....
losing your baby
that deep dark place in your soul where you wonder if you will ever make your way out.
realising that you love someone more than what they love you.
that feeling of complete loneliness even though you are in a room of people.
realising that that truly happy feeling of knowing you are living your dream is gone and your not sure you will ever get that feeling again.
knowing that you gave up too much of yourself and what you wanted for someone else.
regrets
knowing that there is not one person in your love who "gets" you.

Remember....Pain is real and often knocks us further than we ever thought possible - but it wont last forever!

I know that this has been a little heavy today........but the one thing that is really important to me at the moment is being real. Life is not all roses and things don't always go the way you would like them to go but life is also filled with so many happy moments that we need to remember to not dwell too long on the painful moments.

Have a happy hump day everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, what an awesome layout

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online