Thursday, November 16, 2006

Would you believe

Well, I have now been in the UK for just over 5 years. Thankfully my grandparents are British which has allowed me to come over, live and work on an ancestral visa. BUT......yup, the dreaded but.......last year the government went and changed its laws regarding the ancestral visa and i now to to apply for an extension on my visa for 12 months before i can apply for my passport. Now, I'm not one to speak about politics and even though this has caused me to have to wait another 12 months before i can go abroad to Europe and also cost me 350 quid i normally wouldn't moan.

However, last night i arrive home to see my envelope back from the Immigration people. I tear it open, excited and nervous all at one time and pull out the letter attached. In big bold letters
"Your application has been denied" WHAT???? I went into over time panic at this point and dear Stu pulled the letter away and began to read it. It turns out that the reason for the denial is because the application has been made on the incorrect application form.....the form that THEY sent out to me to apply on!! Arrrgggghhhh! Talk about frustrating! So, while i was out with work for a special due Stu sat at home and filled in the new form for me (which between you and me) has exactly the same questions on it - the only difference being the number on the form! It has now been popped back in the post and fingers crossed it has a better time this time! Oh yeah, i was so stressed out about it that after Stu filled out the entire form for me i went and posted it at my local post office without signing the forms!!! DOH! Luckily, i know the lady behind the counter and she searched for me envelope, carefully opened it and then let me sign it. She even resealed it for me and off it went! This is turning into a bit of a nightmare you might say.

On other news front, the new lady at work has turned out to be a right royal pain in the ass! She doesn't get on with anyone in the office and has caused 3 loud arguments in the two and a half weeks she has been with us. Today we are supposed to be sitting down to have a departmental meeting about our differences to see if we can resolve this now! I HATE confrontation and this has had me in butterflies all evening! I will let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh gesh! I hope you get it figured out soon! Good luck!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online