Friday, November 17, 2006

YAY for the weekend!!

Is anyone else as excited as i am that the weekend is finally here? I don't have anything particularly exciting planned but i am looking forward to having a lay in and to finally have some time where i can do some scrapping.

These past few weeks have been so hectic and stressful for me that i just haven't found the time or energy to sit down and do what i love to do! To be honest, i have really missed it and i find myself really longing to get back into it....does that sound really sad or what?.......lol. But really, i love what i do and i find it has become such a big part of who i am.

I sat down this afternoon for 5 minutes to have a quick read through Ali Edwards newsletter that i get every Tuesday....Yup, that's right , got it on Tuesday and only reading it today! Well, her newsletter this week is on our style. Not just in the sense of scrapbooking but also in the sense of ever day life and even down to things like how we decorate our houses. This got me thinking to some thing that has really been buggin me lately. While i have said above that i have not done much scrapping, i did make a start on one layout which was for the Pencillines challenge. I saw the layout that Annie did and i love it. I thought i would scraplift her layout and do my layout for my dad's birthday using her layout but you know what....It just wasn't working for me. It lay on my desk for about 4 days and when ever i walked into the room to pick something up i looked at it and it just didn't feel right. I couldn't put my finger on it but something just didn't gel well. So last night i decided i was going to just start again....and you know what....i love what i have done so far! No, its still not finished but i feel so much happier with how it is looking. I just have to put the final touches on it now and it will be done. Thanks Ali for reminding me that even though my style may be different from everyone Else's, that it is still MY style and that i should embrace it and love it!

So, I'm leaving you this Friday afternoon with a very festive picture to look at and enjoy..


Have a happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online