Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year everyone

I decided that i had better do one last post for 2006. Can you believe we are heading off into 2007? I remember when everyone was panicking about the new year 2000! Boy have we come a long way since then......lol

I managed to do my first paper layout in a while today. I have done any scrapping since i finished my grans album so today when i sat down to get busy i really really enjoyed it. This layout is one that i have been thinking about doing for a week or two now. It is a very personal one for me and i am so pleased with how it has come out.

Now let me just tell you about this layout.....boy did it not want to be completed....lol. First of all the pink paper that i wanted to use i had accidentally cut short of a 12inch page, then the transparency at the bottom managed to get bent in half - leaving a lovely fold line right down the middle of it. Then my safety pin made a huge tear in my paper while i was trying to close it, my cats then jumped up onto the table with their WET, DIRTY little feet and very nicely walked all over my photo and paper. I managed to erase the dirt off the paper but could do nothing with the photo. So i decided to add the little L - lovely, it covered the dirt and added a little dimension.Well, what should happen next but Stuart comes along and puts the ruler on the page to measure the distance from the photo to the end of the page and scratches a hole in my photo - i have to reprint another one! Arghh, the story goes on and on but you get the picture. So finally when i had it all finished i literally photographed it and stuck it straight in its album......fingers crossed it will be safe in there!

Here are the words to my Journaling: Change is something that is very real to me at the moment. It is something that I need to grab a hold of and do for no one else other than me. On this last day of 2006, I have realized that if I don’t want to be in the same place or even some place worse than where I am today, then I need to start making some choices and in turn start making some changes. Changes about my weight and how I relate to both food and towards myself. Changes about the amount of worth I place on myself as a child of God, as a woman and as a partner. Changes as to what I can expect from my life and dreams and changes as to what I need to do and create in order for me to find my true happiness again. I need to find passion. Passion about who I am, passion about my life and just as importantly, passion about my future. No longer do I want each and every day to simply go by with nothing exciting and meaningful taking place. I don’t want to miss out on what exciting things God has planned for me and my life. I don’t want to waste another minute of everything that lies ahead of me. I know that this process that I feel I need to take is not going to be an easy one. I know that it is going to require a lot from me. I need to learn to be honest both to myself and to those around me. I need to stop lying to myself about those situations that I am in and about what control I realistically have over them. I am going to need to learn to stand up for myself and to see myself as being important. I need to start to put into practice those things which I know, but that for one reason or another, I find too difficult to actually do. I feel as if I have managed to somehow lose who I really am but I know that somewhere deep down inside of me, I am still there, still waiting to see what life has to offer, still excited about what I can do! I found this verse through a friend’s blog and this verse is what I plan to live by and to remember….
“My purpose shall stand, and I will fulfill my intention.”—Isaiah 46:10

Well, i am off.....I hope that everyone has a lovely New Years and i wish all the best for everyone in 2007. See you all next year!

1 comment:

Ronda Palazzari said...

Despite all your obstacles, it is a beautiful layout. The journaling is extremely powerful!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online