Sunday, December 03, 2006

Slowing Down to Enjoy your Life

This time of year things are just so busy that it tends to make a lot of people feel rushed, stressed and often depressed! I know that i have been finding things rushed, stressed and depressed. The tight squeeze on my finances this time of year is tough, stress at work and home make things more difficult and the list goes on and on. But you know what......this morning i got up early, sat down with this months copy of the Joyce Meyers magazine and spent a little time reading. One of her articles really stood out to me. It's title "Slow Down and Enjoy Your Life - God is not in a Hurry" was so appropriate. She speaks about several ways to manage stress, impatience and the ever growing normal speeding pace of everyday life. One of the things that she mentions though really stuck out to me. I believe in the power of words and the power of God so when Joyce said; " God has a better way for us to live and it starts with developing a daily habit of saying what you want to have, not what you currently have"- I immediately felt as if that was said just for me. She then goes on to encourage us to take a step of faith and begin declaring what you want to have, not just what you have right now.

So this is what i am doing. Instead of worrying about things that i can not control, instead of speaking about all the things that i see in my life that are wrong and difficult - I will be speaking out about that things in my life that i want to have happen, about the situations that i want to be in.

I know that this is not every ones cup of tea but that is OK. I'm just keeping it real and saying whats on my heart at the moment so i hope that you will still hang around......lol

On to Day three of the Secret Santa advent swap. And this morning i woke up to some very lovely Papermania Dome Alphabet stickers. I love alphabets and these colours are so summery and nice - once again Thank You Santa!

Well that's all from me tonight everyone, i will see you here tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are liking your goodies.
I tried so hard to think of things suitable with what I found on here and on uks.
Just hope you continue to enjoy then
Your Secret Santa

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post! We do need to just slow down sometimes........

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online