Monday, December 18, 2006

A week before Christmas

Boy did this weekend just fly by! So how are you all doing?

My weekend has been a very busy one. Friday night my mom and dad walked in the door just after i had. They stayed for a cup of tea and a little chat and then went home. We ordered Indian food and pretty much went to bed early.

Saturday morning i was up by 7:30! What was i thinking...lol. Actually,my back has been giving me problems again so i am battling to spend more than about 6 hours in bed. I got up, put a load of laundry in, made a cup of tea and then sat down to finish my grans album. Six pages, five hours and a whole lot of mess later i had finally managed to complete it. I so love how it has turned out. My parents have some friends from SA visiting here on holiday for a few days so i have asked them if they wont take the album back for me and send it door to door services from back home.

Here is my album.......



Saturday afternoon i spent photographing it, and sorting out all the packaging. We then took it round to my mom and dad's so they could have a look at it first, before i complete wrapped it up. My mom was in tears which i guess is a good sign.

After that we went to Jessops to have a look at what extras we could buy for my camera. Stu had bought my a filter adaptor off of ebay for about a quarter of the price and when it arrived on Saturday morning i decided i had to have some filters to go with it. I ended up coming home with two filters. A soft diffuser and a radial zoom. I didn't get much time to play with them but these are some photos i took while trying them out....
The diffuser makes the image look very soft - its going to be great for portrait photos next year
And then the radical zoom is a lot of fun to play with. I'm not 100% sure what i am going to use it for yet but i have some ideas knocking around in my head.

Sunday i had a great lay in. I woke about 9am.....much better than Saturday, then i spent some time reading my new book and then we watched 1 episode of star trek series five that we haven't seen yet. Now I'm not a Trekkie or anything but i did enjoy it.....lol

Once again i have a busy week ahead. Hope everyone has a great day.

6 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

Love your tin album. Looks great!!!
Camera goodies are always good!!! So much fun to expermiment with!
(Wandered in from Adrienne's blog. Have enjoyed looking through yours!)

Anonymous said...

Awesome album! I love it all. Great style girl!

Anonymous said...

btw...how do you like the book "Confident Woman"? I have been thinking of getting it. I love Joyce Meyer.

Vee said...

album looks awesome and I love your new banner!

scrapdolly said...

That albunm is amazing

Ronda Palazzari said...

That album is simply stunning! Love your new filters, they look so cool!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online