Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Its one LONG post ladies

What on earth is going on here.....lol. Lately i haven't had all that much to say but these past two days i just keep having thoughts and feelings which seem to be very important to me....lol. Maybe it's just all this festive madness that has finally driven me crazy!

Anyway, these are some of the thoughts that have been going through my head and heart lately.
While doing some blog surfing over the weekend I came across a fantastic blog but for the life of me i cant remember which one it was so i am very sorry for not being able to give proper credit. Anyway,one of the entries on this blog was about a pre Christmas 12 week challenge. I sat there reading through all this and realised what a great idea this is. I obviously cant do a pre Christmas challenge but a 12 weeks challenge is a great idea. 12 weeks. 3 months. This length of time is great for goal setting. Its practical, realistic and most importantly its doable....lol if that's a real word. So instead of setting the normal New Years resolutions I am going to set four 12 week goals to work on over the next year.

This is how i am going to do it.
1) Decide on a goal and describe the benefits of accomplishing your goal.
My first goal of the year is to get my house de cluttered and organized. Get rid of all the junk,
all the unused items and just having a massive clear out. I am hoping that by doing this i will
feel happier and more relaxed at home. I like things to be neat and i like things to have there
own little home.
2) Make sure your goal is measurable (three times a week, four hours a day, eight pages a month, fits on a bookshelf, etc.)
Lets see......we have 8 different "area's" in our house that would need cleaning and sorting so i
will spend four hours a week on each area of the house and then the once all the areas are
done i will spend the rest of the time sorting out the odd things.
3) Set a deadline.
23 Dec 06 - The bathroom organized and sorted ( we'll do an easy one first....lol)
30 Dec 06 - The main bedroom
06 Jan 07 - The stairs
13 Jan 07 - The hallway
20 Jan 07 - The lounge
27 Jan 07 - The computer room
03 Feb 07 - The kitchen
10 Feb 07 - My Scrapbook room
Rest to follow......
4) Post your goal here and then, check in from time to time and let me know how you're doing.

I'm hoping that this is going to be a simple and practical way to get some change into my life. To work on the things that i want to change and to reach some goals that i have.

Here is today's gift from my secret Santa. Glitter Glue. Thanks Santa - i needed some of these. My glitter glue pens that i bought yonks ago are all dry and really need throwing away......this falls into my week 8 of goal 1 job.....lol Such lovely colours!


Last night we went to go watch a musical at De Montford Hall. Starlight Express. It was such a good evening. Stuart won tickets for this show last week on Leicester Sound so we got to go for free........which added that little more fun to the evening. Below is a photo of one of the tickets...the radio station sent out two tickets but they were two seats completely apart from each other....lol. An Omen?? Anyway, we managed to swap seats so that was good. Unfortunately we were not allowed to take our cameras in so i googled some images from the show which some other people have very nicely put on the web, which you can see below.












The entire show was on roller skates and it was fab. Great music, great story line, great acrobatics, great dance moves. These people are fab and i have no idea how they manage to do all that they do and don't fall flat on their faces....lol i know i would if i had to give it a try!

Well, that's the end of today's post. Thank you for sticking it through to the end....lol

2 comments:

Ronda Palazzari said...

I am going to declutter my scraproom. Get rid of all that stuff I don't use, organize it better. Then I'll tackle the rest of the house!

Anonymous said...

Man, you've got some great goals! I think the only goal I'm gonna set right now is to keep my sanity through the holidays!(LOL) Maybe I can think of more later!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online