Thursday, November 22, 2007

Proverbs 31 - Faith


This is the first of many canvases to come. I had so much fun with this one that i am planning on doing a whole series of them. The theme will be around the Proverbs 31 woman and my head is just spinning with cool ideas for them.

It took me 3 days to do this one. I tried so many different techniques with it and i now know which ones i will be trying again and which ones i wont. I used acrylic paints, made my own backing paper, used old stamps and some stickers, rub-ons, watercolour pencils, chalk, sandpapering and even some dabbing on the wet paint. LOVE IT!

Here are some close ups.... I must admit that i am very surprised at how well the rub-ons stuck to the paint and the canvas. I also ran out of T's but thought that a 7 would work just as well.
This is a close up of her face. Now face's are not my most favourite part but i can honestly say i am pleased with how she turned out. Her chin is a little too pointy and her neck went a bit wobbly but her nose turned out great and her hair looks good as well.

5 comments:

Brahdelt said...

Don't judge her too harsh, she's beautiful as she is! *^v^*

Unichorn said...

Glad to see these close-ups too! Now, I like it even better!
Cheerz!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Love her. Everything fits together beautifully. And I love the color too.

I just bought my first canvases this weekend and look forward to trying them out.
amanda

littlepurplecow said...

Love it. The 7 is perfect and straight necks are no fun.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online