Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I've learned

I have learned that art is a very personal thing
I have learned that trying new things can be both extremely scary as well as immensely rewarding
I have learned that having fun is more important than having a perfect drawing
I have learned that getting inspiration from someone else and using it is NOT cheating
I have learned that if you never try new things you will never know what you can really do

I have been stretching myself these past few weeks. I have been trying new things - loving some while hating others. That is OK.
I have been doing things that have felt good. I have been mixing paints to make my own shades of colours, i have been painting with sponges and even with my fingers. I love that i can try all these things and come out of it feeling better in myself. Art is a very personal thing.
I was reading Donna's blog last week and came across this post of hers. My post is very much along the same lines as hers and it is because of her entry that I found both my inspiration for my art piece as well as Kelly Rae Roberts site. Kelly's site is so inspiring and it has helped my mind explode with all sorts of new ideas and things that I would like to try.

So today I sit here and I say thank you. Thank you to Kelly for inspiring Donna. Thank you Donna for inspiring me and thank you Lord for this passion that you have blessed me with.

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Art is very personal. Great entry!

Anonymous said...

I love how you put different sheets of paper in the background behind the girl! Lovely! did I add yr link to my blog? If not I shall.
- sue

kelly rae said...

oh my, your words are very touching to me today. i know exactly the feeling you are describing. and i love that you posted this work - it looks great and i'm so glad you are getting your hands are messy and having fun. this is what it's all about. yes, very personal indeed.
best,
krr

Anonymous said...

I love your interpretation of this painting. I visited the same site after seeing the article in cloth and paper. The artist does some amazing work. Your blog is a pleasure to browse by the way.

Anonymous said...

Art is extremely personal. You're right. Loved the words as much as the art!
amanda

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online