Thursday, November 08, 2007

Tea, Books and Birthdays


Today is my dad's birthday - Happy Birthday dad! I hope that you have a wonderful day and that the year ahead is full of happiness and blessings. I love you.

A few posts ago i mentioned that i am going off of tea....well, one of the ladies that i work with brought these in for me to try yesterday.
This was so sweet of her. Now i can try some before having to go out and buy entire box fulls. While sorting out my cupboards this weekend i also come across a box of Strawberry and Mango teabags. Hmm, they were rather nice as well.

Ever since i was a little girl i have always been a lover of books. I remember getting awards regularly in school for the most books read. Today, some seventeen odd years on from Primary school and i still love books. They fascinate me. They draw me in. For the past few months i haven't really found a book that grabs my attention but all this changed on Monday evening. My mom lent me her book to take on the bus down to London. What a great book so far! I have been reading in my lunch break, before i go to bed, even in the bath last night - i just can not put this book down.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Happy Birthday to your dad! Love your new banner....I have to say...
REDEEMING LOVE IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOK!!!!!!!!! IT IS AMAZING!! I HAVE CRIED, LAUGHED, GOTTEN VERY ANGRY, AND BEEN VERY HAPPY. I read it YEARS ago. It was my first Christian novel and I LOVE it. I have bought it and read it several times. If you like that one, check out Atonement Child. That one is also very good. Ok, now you are making me want to read it again! LOL

Anonymous said...

That book is excellent. I also could not put in down. It changed my life. I now work with prostituted women. Didn't see that coming.
I love your blog. Found it through Suze Blu's Live Journal.
amanda

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online