Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I thought i had escaped it!

Considering spring is almost upon us i thought i had managed to elude the flue bug this winter. I was so wrong! I'm sitting here at work feeling so grotty. Runny nose, sore throat, achy body - i just want to be at home. The problem with being the only one in my department is that if i am off sick - there is no one else who can or does do my work. I have got so much work waiting to be done as it is i just don't think i have any choice but to sit here and carry on.

Last night i decided that i needed to do some baking. I am doing weight watchers at the moment so decided to try a recipe Cream cheese swirl chocolate brownies that i got off their site. These are delicious beyond words and i will definitely be making them again. The only tip i can give is that next time i make these i will cook them for a few minutes longer as they were a little undercooked in the middle - nothing too bad but they just could have used a few more minutes.
Next i hope to find a delicious recipe for some banana bread so if you have one you would like to share please do.

When i got home last night i had two lovely parcels waiting for me. The first one was my page kit swap that our team on UKS are doing. Here is what i got from Rosie - Thanks Rosie!And the second parcel contained this........Yup - lucky me won these gorgeous stamps here. Thank you so much. I have a layout in mind that i am going to use them on and hope to get it started tonight....that is if i am feeling up to it of course!

Last night i finally got a layout finished. I have been working on this one for a few days now so am very glad to see if finished. It is in honor of my new hobby that i have taken up. *I will update with the journaling a little later today*.

We got some very sad news on Saturday. My gran was taken into hospital back home in South Africa. Thankfully - she is doing much better now and if all goes well she should be home by the beginning of next week.This is a photo of my gran that i found while looking through some old family pictures.....I think she was about 4 years old in this photo. Anyways, after i finished my layout last night i decided to make her a card to let her know that we care and love her very much. Now i am not a card making person but i did put together this little card for her that is going in today's post.

That's it from me today my friends. Hope you have a great Wednesday and if you don't here from me soon it will be because i am bundled up in bed trying to get rid of this silly cold!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online