Thursday, May 31, 2007

Lifes Lessons

After all these years of Dr Phil being on TV and around on the Internet, the one thing that i always seem to remember him saying is:
You teach people how to treat you
This is so true and i totally understand how it can work and how it affects the relationships that you have in your life but what i don't seem to be able to grasp is how this applies to strangers that you may only meet once or twice in your life time. How can you teach them how to treat you? This is what i mean...

Scenario One - The company that i am currently working for offered me a permanent position at the salary that i was looking for back in January. So after working here for 7 months prior to this i was glad to finally have a secure job under my belt. Granted it was not the job that i was originally doing and it was not in the office that i was currently working in but i like a challenge and so stepped up to the plate - as they say. The thing is though, everyone in the company got a "Cost of Living" increase in their pay pack this month except me! And why you ask - because the company felt the need to add a clause into my contract which says that i am not entitled to a pay rise for 16 months! How do i deal with this?

Scenario Two - The hair salon at our gym has had an offer on this month for 50% off. So, last week i booked myself an appointment. I spent two hours at the salon, I have my hair high-lighted(half head) and then cut and blow dried. It comes time to pay and he says "£75 please". I just about fell over. I was expect to pay about £40 considering it should have been 50% off. Now something to add to this is that two weeks ago my mom went for a cut and was told that if the price is over £15 then it is considered 50% off so i felt that i was in the right to question this. All that i got is I'm sorry - the things we did to your hair are not included in the 50% off. They had already provided the service so i had no choice but to pay. Now i love the cut and i love the colour but i would never have paid £75 to get it. What do i do?

As my cut cost me an arm and a leg i thought that i had better show it off.

Here is a photo from Saturday - so a before shot....

Then this is a front view of the new cut and colour....
And of course a side view....
So as you can see it truly is lovely - i just feel a little ripped off about the price.

Take care everyone.

1 comment:

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

The hair is gorgeous, well worth the money.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online