Friday, July 27, 2007

Living the art that you create

Every minute starts an hour and every minute is a new opportunity. Each time the clock ticks you have a chance to start over, to say, do, think, or feel something in such a way that you and the world are better for it.-- Source Unknown

I found this quote about a week ago now, while i was searching through the world wide web for a quote for a completely different theme. The moment my eyes spotted this quote, i knew that this quote was meant for me. It was exactly the right thing, at the right time and in the right place. I hope that this quote touches you the way that it has touched me.

The problem with addictions, and i don't mean the very big and dangerous ones, is that you feel as if you never have enough. Enough yarn, enough scrapbooking stash, enough time, enough projects, enough layouts, enough books, enough, enough, enough. I have been working on this as i have become very conscious of waste. Wasted money, wasted time, wasted efforts. Now don't get me wrong, i love to shop and spoil myself and do all these cool things but i am first asking myself if this is really something that i want and that i like and if i am getting it for me or am i getting it because it is the latest rage and everyone else is getting it. I feel this helps to keep myself in check.

So bearing that in mind, this is my next project that i want to do once i have finished Tomato. This photo and pattern is from Knitting Lingerie Style which is written by Joan McGowan-Michael.
I have bought some special sock needles off of eBay for a really good bargain. 8 sets of 4 dpns for £9.01 including postage. When i went to my local yarn shop i had a look at the needles and they were £4.99 for one set!! I love bargains.
I also have my eye on some sock yarn on eBay which ends in 2 hours 6 min and counting so hopefully i can get the cheap and then give these ago. A nice addition to my fall wardrobe.

Now, while we are still talking about knitting, let me introduce you to Shawn. Shawn is my sheep who helps me to keep count of my rows while i am knitting. Earlier this week i went to my local yarn shop looking in particular for a row counter. I had imagined something a little different to Shawn but there he sat in the Simply Knitting Magazine and so i decided to go for him instead and get the bonus of the magazine. I am pretty pleased with him.

Moving on to some scrapping..... This is a mini journal that i started about three weeks ago. The cover is done with embossing powders and a mask. Its called "Bring ME" and is all about different parts of my daily life.



I still have two double pages and the back page to do but seem to have come to a bit of a stand still with it. I am stuck and not sure what to do next. The theme of the journal is I....(fill in the blank). So far i have - I am, I live, I eat, I cherish, I must and I believe.

Please feel free to leave me some suggestions for my last few pages.

Well that is it from me for now. I am writing an exam tomorrow so please keep me in your prayers. Other than that i have some knitting to do, house cleaning, scrapping and a bit of sewing that i want to get done. Oh yeah, and we are off to watch The Simpson's on Sunday night.

Take care and be blessed.

6 comments:

Karla Dudley said...

I am STILL droolin' over that album! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

-Karla

Adrienne said...

What a great post! I LOVE your album! I may have to do one of those myself! I LOVE THAT IDEA!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lov ethe mini book....and the masking on the cover. Great work! How about "I will..." and it could include your future aspirations, dreams, etc....as affirmative declarations. Have fun. I look forward to seeing the finished pages.....
Melissa

cara harjes said...

thank you for your thoughts on waste and enough.
i think you are right. and my days would look quite different if i were content with "right now".

your mini-book idea is fun! some other pages might be: "I give", "I need", "I don't", "I go", "I have"

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Wow what a fantastic book, stunning!

Vee said...

gorgeous album!! ;)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online