Monday, July 02, 2007

Rounding up June

Here is June's roundup. I know, i know - I am a few days late but all that matters is that it gets documented right? Thanks Katies for a great idea!

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

I actually haven't done a lot of reading this month. Not compared to how much i normally read. I bought myself two new Interweave Knits magazines and had a good read through both of them. I also read my monthly Joyce Meyer's magazine as well as my Scrapbooking Magazine. I also received my Creating Keepsakes magazine but that is currently sitting unopened on our lounge table. I did not read any books this month!

What movies and/or TV shows did I watch this month?

I am not much of a TV person to be honest - and especially so this month. I did, of course, not miss one single episode of Greys. I love that show and that is probably the only show that i set the auto viewer on for. Movies wise we rented the old Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and we did go and watch Oceans 13 at the cinema. This was not a very good film to be honest but they cant all be fantastic.

What special days did I celebrate and how?

We didn't really have any birthdays but we did have Fathers Day on the 17th. We had my mom and dad round for a special lunch and had a great day.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?

My weight is still a concern for me but i am doing my best to get on top of it. I am eating a healthy range of food and looking after myself.
Stuart went for a Medical a few weeks ago and he passed with flying colors so that is good. My favourite aunt, aunt Pam has been diagnosed with cancer. She is keeping strong and starting Chemo but she has a long road ahead of her. Please keep her in your prayers.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?

This month was very quite on that front. I spent a lot of time with my mom and dad which is always nice. We had them round for a meal a few times.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

This month we bought Stu an XBox 360 after much fussing. I still have not bought any scrapbooking stash and i am very pleased with myself about that.
We also decided to buy a new washing machine as we have never had a brand new one and the one that we currently had was making so much noise we were sure that it was waiting for clearance for it to take off.
We also got a loan from Natwest which we have used to pay for Stu to do his HGV truck license. He has been wanting to do this for years and he has now started the ball rolling.

What were this month's disappointments?

Stuarts motorbike is still not fixed and it might be a long time before it is - if ever!
I was hoping to have some money to spend on myself. To buy some fabric and some books and I was really hoping to book a place at a scrapbook retreat but none of this seemed to happen. Oh well, there is always next month i guess.

What were my accomplishments this month?

We did finally get my visa through as well as all the paperwork that my brother needed.
I have started studying with the help of my company. I am studying for the AAT and had my first lot of books arrive. Very scary and a lot more work than what i thought it was first going to be but very proud of myself for jumping in and making such a good start with it.
We have also had a lot of baby news: Russell and his girlfriend are expecting and then his brother, Brad and Caz are expecting four days after Rus's. So very happy for the both of them.

Well that's my June all wrapped up.

Thanks for allowing me to share this with you

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online