Friday, July 13, 2007

Inspiration all around

Lately I have really been seeing images. I don't mean just looking and thinking "oh that's nice" but i mean feeling them, admiring the art and the images for what they are. We live in such a diverse world and if we are able to keep an open spirit and an open heart then i think that you will find so much more than you bargained for.

Please note that none of these images are mine and that i have picked them up off the Internet and off emails from friends over the past few months. I have given credit where possible.

These photos one of my best friends sent to me.....

Shopping Cart Art - I LOVE it!
and how about this one as well. The entire art work is made from only Shopping carts.

Then we have this photo. I found this on Google images a little while ago as i was working on a mini album (that i have yet to finish and share). I love the greenage of the photo and i love the angle of the shot. Makes me feel like i want to get out the lemonade, pop a few ice blocks in it and relax while sipping my drink.

This image i just happened to come across while i was blog surfing a few months ago. I cant remember where i saw it but i loved the "thinking outside of the box" mentality that went into the image and the shot. Very funny and very clever.

And then we have fabric. Oh i am just loving fabric at the moment. The colours are so inspiring and i am finding that the more images i see the more i want to try different, out of the ordinary, colour combinations. This image was found on the PurlSoho website. I just love the colours. Another great website for fabric and a few free patterns is Amy Butlers if you are interested.


The next thing that has caught my eye are these journal covers. Again, i think it has something to do with the entire fabric thing i am feeling at the moment but to me, these are just fantastic.
The instructions on how to make these lovely covers can be found on the Kirin notebooks blog along with some more photos. This is definitely on my to do list for my next new journal.

How about this little guy! My mom and dad went to the London Aquarium two weekends ago and this is who they saw there. This is a photo from the brochure that they brought home which i have played with the colours in photoshop on.
We are in a baby boom in our family at the moment. Would you believe we have two babies due within four days of each other!! Because of this i am on the lookout for gifts for them. I thought about knitting a baby suit for both of them but i was wanting to do something a little different. What do you think to this cute Ribbon Baby Blanket (Evelyn Clark for Fibertrends)
or how about this cute little hat which i found on Sara's blog along with her pattern?
They don't know if they are having bouncing boys or gorgeous girls yet but i can work around that. Plus i think these will be really cute and unique gifts to get.

I have so much more to share but i think i had better stop for now. If you have read this far then i hope that you have enjoyed it all.
Yes we did go and watch Harry Potter last night and yes were were there and hour and a half before the film started and yes we were the second couple in the que and yes the movie is really good and yes i am so glad that we have seen it. Pretty good, i didn't let any details slip. Definitely a must see!
Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so much beautiful stuff you posted today, purlsoho has a very inspiring website, I love it

april said...

that bike is too funny! love purlsoho, too!

Anonymous said...

Love all the inspirational pix you posted! And your blog banner is too fab, btw!

Anonymous said...

Love the journal cover idea....I definitely will try it. Thanks also for the link to the Lisa Bevere site. I purchase one of her DVDs on "beauty" because I am leading a retreat on this topic this fall. I am looking forward to seeing it. Thanks
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just come across your blog today via ukscrappers and I love it! Hope you don't mind if I become a regular visitor? Also wanted to say that I would have loved these things as baby gifts, they're unique and fab!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online