Monday, July 23, 2007

A new woman.....

Yup that is how i feel....like a completely new woman! I spent Saturday cleaning and reorganising my home. I sorted out the lounge, sorted out my kitchen cupboards and fridge, gave the bathroom a good scrubbing and sorted out my scrap room. I feel organised. I feel inspired and i feel in control.

Friday night started off with a trip to Waterstones, to stand in the Que for 135 minutes so that Stu could get his hands on the new Harry Potter book. This is the photo that was taken early hours Saturday morning so i apologise for the bad lighting.....

He has had his nose in that book ever since.

After all my hard work on Saturday i managed to do this layout for this weeks Scrapjacked challenge.
Journaling reads:
" Your days off are just not complete if you don't manage to get an afternoon nap in"

After doing this layout i went downstairs to show Stu and low and behold there he lay fast asleep again.....i just had to laugh!

Sunday evening we made some flapjacks. Back home i would call these crunchies but over here in the UK they seem to call them flapjacks for some strange reason. Anyway, these turned out so nice and there was hardly any mess to clean up afterwards.

I also managed to fit in a lot of knitting time during the evenings. I am now onto my third ball of yarn and need to get myself to my knitting shop to pick up some more yarn and also a row counter. Here is my progress so far.......
I am so pleased with how it is turning out and hope to have it finished by the 13th August.

The week ahead has a lot of studying in it as well as some knitting time and hopefully enough sewing time to make myself a skirt. Hope your week ahead is looking good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are on a roll! I love that layout and the quote. The quote is totally true! I have to have a nap on my days off or dh pays for it at night. LOL

Anonymous said...

What are crunchies or flapjacks.....I haven't a clue!
Melissa

mary h. said...

Great scrapjack!So funny!

I find it rather odd that there are two different covers for the US and the UK for HP. Don't blame him for not putting it down 'cause it is GOOOOOOOOOD!

Also, what are crunchies/flapjacks? To me flapjacks are pancakes. These look nothing like pancakes.

Gorgeous sweater btw. I'm thinking of taking up knitting.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online