Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Perspective

With things being so busy as they have been for me these past few weeks i have been feeling very overwhelmed and very tired. The tired part is my fault to be fair. I have been getting up very early to take Stu to work, coming home and getting some study time in before going to work. Then working a full day only to come home, run the house and then follow that on by more studying which eventually got me in bed for about 11:30 or 12. I am one of those people who need a solid seven hours of sleep a night to be productive and happy and right now i have been lucky to be getting four and half hours a night.


This was rectified on Sunday afternoon when i could just go no further. I had an afternoon nap, something i only ever do if i am extremely sick, which lasted over four hours and then was back in bed for about 9pm the same night and had another twelve hours of sleep.

To say that i am now feeling alert and well refreshed is an understatement. This morning after i dropped Stu off at work i decided to grab my camera and go for a nice walk in the fresh morning air. Here are a few photos that i took along the way.

And unfortunatley, this is NOT my house. wish it was but perhaps one day.
Nothing in particular, just images that i liked and colours that caught my eye.

It is amazing how much tiredness can effect your perspective on situations. As i said earlier, i have been feeling very overwhelmed and so much so that i had started to feel like i could not cope with life. Nothing too serious but just that the things that i used to be able to do i was finding myself battling with. After getting the much needed sleep, i put aside some time and put a little perspective back into my life. I have made some changes to my priorities and i think that this will also help to make things feel a little easier for me.


Onto knitting....Josephine has not been going so well. Eventually, after many attempts i got the hang of the patter. Now after knitting about 8 inches into it i have realised that it is going to be WAY to big for me. I could just not face having to frog that lovely thing one more time so instead i have put it into its own little bag and i will come back to it another time. For now, i am going to be working on my next project.


She is called Tomato and i found her on the knitting daily website. I must say, i really love this website. I get an email every day, or every other day, and it has patterns on it, questions about the patterns and all sorts of stuff. The pattern is simple, at least so far, and i think it is going to be a great project. I will try to upload the .pdf file of the pattern to my sidebar so feel free to use it but please leave me an update of your progress so that we can see how you are getting on.
This is the yarn that i have decided to use for my Tomato. I love the feel of it and i just love the colour. I am not entirely sure what colour i am going to use to do the strip with but i will decided that when i get there. For now take a look at my yarn and my gauge that i did for it...
She knits together like a dream and the gauge is perfect!
I have some more photos to show you of some other projects that i have been working on but i think that will wait for another day. For now, this will do.
Peace.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online