Sunday, January 20, 2008

Freeing yourself

Being honest with yourself is one of the most difficult things to do at times. You can be honest when your friend asks what you think about an outfit, or when your boss asks what you suggest should be done about a certain situation but honesty with yourself is hard. I think its because at times it is easier to kid yourself. Perhaps its because you don’t want to believe something, because you know that by getting honest about yourself and the situation, that it is going to hurt. Your afraid of how it is going to change everything that you have become so comfortable with.

Sometimes being honest with yourself is going to be painful….not only for you but for someone else as well. Its tough, making those sort of decisions but you get to a point where you just have to.
This weeks challenge was to set yourself free. Free from something small or something big. I am still dealing with a life changing decision on a day to day basis, so i decided to do my journal entry on that decision rather than a brand new one. We all know what our limits are and at the moment i am totally at mine....

Setting yourself free can be very difficult. Getting up the courage to actually take that first step is difficult all by itself - never mind having to deal with the aftermath of it all. At times my heart feels like it has broken into a hundred thousand pieces but as each day goes by I know that one by one I am picking up those pieces and putting them back together.
My entry for this challenge is focused mainly on the journaling. My journaling is honest and open and i have really tried to put my feelings and my situation out there. At the start of 2009 i am hoping to be able to sit down with my Best me Challenge journal and go through it. Looking over the decisions that i have made, the way that it has affected my life and the changes that it has brought around.
Writing about what is going on at the moment has been good for me. I now have two and a half pages full of feelings, ideas, fears, insecurities and hopes. I have manged to document a little more about my life and who i am.

1 comment:

sarah.b said...

that's just AWESOME!!!!!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online