Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Exactly a month

So it has been a month today since Stu and i split up. The past 30 days have been a whirlwind of emotions. So much has happened and so much has changed. It feels like it has been a lot longer than 30 days but at the same time it feels like it was just yesterday that we sat down and had a talk.

Six and a half years together feels like a life time. I miss a lot of things including the simple things like comfort and normality. When you go through something like this you realise what your comfort zone really is. Even though this is difficult for both of us we are trying to stay friends. I know that if i need something i can call him and if he needs anything he can do the same.


This is a journey for me. I am learning to close one chapter of my life and open up another. Some days are ok and i manage to get through them and other days are really really difficult. Today is one of the difficult days.

Part of the healing process for me is documenting. Writing in my diary, doing some work in my art journal, spending time just talking with the Lord. This morning while reading todays devotional they had this prayer as todays prayer:

Dear Father, I give my troubles to you. Please give me the strength and wisdom to trust in Your will. I pray I will react in a way that brings glory to You. Help me to be still and know that you are God. I know You are always with me and I ask for the patience to do things according to Your plan and Your timetable.
In Jesus’ precious name, Amen.

This is exactly what i needed this morning and probably for every morning for many months to come. It is easy to become impatient and to worry - it takes more effort and thought to simply trust. Today i am choosing to take the one that doesnt necessarly feel like the easier option - today i am trusting in Gods plan and his timing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i miss us

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online