Thursday, January 17, 2008

Its over - Thank goodness

And by that i mean yesterday....yesterday is over!

You know how they say that things tend to come in three's? Well, this was definitely true yesterday. Tuesday night i came home from work with a sore throat. No big deal right - have a little extra vitamin C, head off to bed a little early and hopefully wake up feeling ton's better.....
this didn't happen.

I woke up on Wednesday and my sore throat was still there only ten times worse than the night before. But.....me being the hard worker that i am i decided to go into work anyway because i felt silly calling in sick for a "sore throat". By 11am my body ached all over, my nose was doing its only little personal marathon and my eyes were so teary i felt like i needed little windscreen wipers. At this point, i decided enough was enough and i was going home. (This is 1 of 3)

Then, while driving home i decided to stop at the shops to pick up some flu tablets. As i pulled up into the parking space the woman in front of me stuck her in reverse and came hurtling towards my nice, new, expensive Feebie and hit her full force on her front! Not only did she hit my car but she then put her car in first and sped off leaving me feeling very sorry for myself. Luckily, she hasn't done too much damage. But still - not a nice thing to happen. (This is 2 of 3)

And finally to top off an already lovely day about half hour after getting home i got a phone call from the flat that i went to go look at on Saturday telling me that they had narrowed it down to two people and decided to give the flat to the other guy. Just fantastic!! (This is 3 of 3)

So here i sit this morning, hoping and praying that today will be a better day. I am still sick but have decided it will be better for me to stay at home. I am going to watch some daytime tv. Take some things to the post office and if i feel like it a little packing.

Things can only get better from here!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Yep! THey can only get better!!! Hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

That's the good news about rotten days, the next day can only be better.
Hope you are feeling better soon, sick is no fun.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online