Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy 2008

Wow, its difficult to believe that i am having to get ready to go back to work tomorrow. I waited so long for this little break that now that its been i wonder where it has all gone to. I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and are going to have a blessed 2008. These last few days have been a real whirlwind for me. I have made some life altering decisions and although i am not yet ready to share them with you i just wanted to put it out there.

In between Christmas and family and all the other things i seem to have found a lot of time paint and to work on my art journal. Here are two canvas that i painted.

" Home"OK, so this one doesn't have a name yet but it is hanging in my lounge and looks very nice there. Not the normal things that i have been painting but i am pleased with the end result.
Then here are some pages from my art journal. I think they speak for themselves really.
The honesty page on the right has a little hidden pocket in it which i have put my journaling in.
I got lots of cool Christmas gifts but this one is definitely the coolest i have seen in a while..
And then i also bought myself a U Curl. The photo is not the nicest but it gets a good shot of the curls. It really does do what it says it does.
I had hope to get more sewing done than what i did do. I did however manage to make a start on a patchwork tote bag. This is what i have done so far. Hoping to get it finished next weekend.
And finally on the knitting front. I knitted a hat but my camera battery has died on me so i will take a photo later and then i have also made a start on my first pair of socks. These suckers are difficult but a lot of fun. And the magic loop method is so much easier and dpns - at least for me.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Happy New Year!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What beautiful stuff! I especially like your bird painting.
amanda

Twisted Knitter said...

I love your art journal and your sock - - WOW!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online