Wednesday, July 16, 2008

[ Ouch to Body Pump and a catch up]

I would have written this post earlier but it has only been the last few hours that I have been able to actually lift my arms…lol. OK, it hasn’t been that bad but man oh man my arms and shoulders have been and are so sore. No matter what movement I do it hurts and today I have started getting grumpy with it.

My arms hurt! They feel like they are going to fall off! I am not kidding - They hurt!
I know, I know. My work college happily reminds me every time that I give a slight moan that "NO, your arms are not going to fall off!" but I disagree! Moaning aside, I did enjoy the class. I am not sure I will be going back any time soon but at least I can definitely say that it works. For now I am going to stick to aqua aerobics and Body Combat.

I also wanted to update everyone on my job hunting news. I have gotten a call back for a second interview. I am so thrilled and can not wait to get out of where I am now. So, by the end of this week I am hoping to have a time and a date for that second interview and then the me that lives with her head in the clouds and gets carried away with things far too early can not wait to hand her notice in by the 25th. That means that I will have to work for 3 weeks and then the final week I will be in Scotland on holiday! Oh that would work so well! Please Lord, please!


A few days ago Cammy left me in a comment in response to one of my posts. She suggested going onto Sparkpeople and joining a local group. I know that this link is very much "Out There" but I haven't been on it in months and months. So today I decided to start back up on it. I have entered in today's food, exercise and worked on my goals. I have joined a UK Midlands group and hope to make some friends. Thanks Cammy for a great idea.
I am also hoping to go to a knitting group on Monday night at Starbucks. Never been to one before and i will have to sort out what i will take with me but it sounds fun and might be another way to meet new people.
Before i head off i just want to share this quote that i received in my inbox a few days ago. Such a great quote.

“To sit patiently with a yearning that has not yet been fulfilled, and to trust that, that fulfilment will come, is quite possibly one of the most powerful "magic skills" that human beings are capable of. It has been noted by almost every ancient wisdom tradition.”
—Elizabeth Gilbert

2 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I hope the SP group works for you!! I've met a couple of folks in our Memphis group and both were super friendly. We didn't have a lot in common other than weight loss, so no long lasting friendships but I'm truly glad I met them.

Your knitting group sounds fun! Good for you for taking steps forward.

Fingers still crossed on the job situation...

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!! you are getting out there and I am sure you are going to have a great time!!

About your arms... Awww! I know that feeling! But at least you know it worked! Just don't give up too easily. Maybe try it with lighter weights, or no weight out all. I have done that before. You can use the bar with no weights added and the lightest dumbells or NOTHING! That way your body gets used to the movement first, then you challenge yourself later by using weights.

And just a warning, the 2nd & 3rd day after the work out, is usually when you hurt the most! Good luck & try some Aleve! =)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online