Wednesday, July 02, 2008

[ The second half ]

Can you believe it is the last day of the first half of 2008! Oh yeah, and the last day of June. Wow, where has it all gone to?

Last night I climbed into bed with a cup of tea and my journal and I spent some time writing. Putting my thoughts and my feelings about the past few months onto paper and can I just say how therapeutic this was for me. I went to sleep with a clear mind and a happy heart. I had a good night sleep!

I am feeling so hopeful about the second part of the year ahead. I think that I went through a stage where I had lost my hope. I might have been fighting with all my might on the outside but inside I think I had decided to give up and just lie down. It was easier and ….well, sadder really.
Anyway, this weekend I got to spend some time being creative. I did two new canvas's and finished off one other that has been laying around for weeks now. None of them turned out the way that I had imagined them in my head when I first sat down and started with them but by the time I had washed up my last paint brush I was so proud and so pleased with them. The whole process they had changed, taken on a different look, a different story and by the end of it I knew that they were perfect just the way that they were. The end product was beautiful. As I sat there looking at them and trying to take photos of them with my dad's terrible camera ( love ya dad :-] ) hope started to bloom inside of me. Those rays of sunshine that you hear about in story books and movies moved into my heart and into my spirit and has started to spread, started to grow.


As I said earlier, I am really looking forward to what the rest of this year has in store for me!


While I was writing in my journal the topic of my weight loss or lack of weight loss came up for me. This month has not been a good month for me with regards to the scales but in other aspects things have been good. From June 1st till June 30th I have lost nothing. Yup, these past four weeks my weight has been riding its own little rollercoaster but in total I have lost nothing this month.

I have however managed to do a few good things this month that I am proud of. I had four goals for the month of June.


*Lose 10 lbs - This one didn’t come off the ground.
*Do 350min Cardio Exercise - I smashed this goal! I am proud to say that I have done a total of 501 minutes and so I get to earn my exercise bling! Way to go ME!
*Drink more water - Check, I am drinking at least 5 glasses of water a day……5 more than what I used to drink!
*Try a new exercise - Not only have tried Aquafit but on Saturday I went to my first Body Combat Class. Two days later and I still ache but I am so going back next week!


In my book three out of four is definitely not bad!


Friday afternoon I spent some time reading Cammy's blog and man oh man, if you have some spare time make sure you take a trip over there. It is full of great entries, funny stories and lots of great humour! Anyway, while reading her archives I found myself agreeing a lot with what she was saying. What she said made sense and that was how I wanted things to be.
More specifically, I don’t want to be on a diet for the rest of my life….I want to be eating healthily and looking after my body by exercising it, challenging it. So, l used her SMART entry and put together an action plan for myself. Something that I am going to try and if need be, tweak where necessary. Having some time to just think about it was really good for me. I realised some things that I might be doing which is hindering me from dropping that weight that I want to even though I am doing the right things. Once of those things is eating dinner so late. I work 2 jobs and don’t get home till 8pm which means that I don’t sit down to eat dinner until 9pm and some nights its 9:30 till I am actually sitting down to eat. Then I am going to two hours later and this is simply not good for me. So I have decided to try to have my main meal at lunch time and have the lunch that I would have normally had in the evening. That way, I will have a smaller amount of food that my body is trying to digest and I am hoping that this will help. Like I said, at the moment it is all about the tweaking so we will wait and see if this works for me or not.


So this is what I came up with as my starting points for me:
*I am going to eat 3 meals a day and 2 snacks
*Only eat bread once a week
*Drink min of 5 glasses of water a day
*Work out a min of 3 times a week.
*Not eat after 8pm Eat my main meal at lunch time
*And directly from Cammy - Every 1000 minutes of cardio will earn me 1 full fat treat of my choice. A slice of cake, an ice cream, a chocolate bar - whatever I want.


And just so that I can have something to measure my progress against here are the starting numbers from today:
Weight: 263.4 lbs
Bust: 44 inches
Waist: 48.5 inches
Hips: 53.5 inches


And I think that is enough for today ladies. Thank you for reading and for all the encouraging comments and emails that you send me. My heart smiles when I read them.

4 comments:

The Fat Foreigner said...

It's nice to have those goals written out so you can check them later. When I don't lose weight I tend to get quite down on myself, but by looking bck you can see that actually you achieved four of your goals, which is fantastic!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Aren't you a sweetheart! Thanks so much for saying such kind things about my blog. I'm thrilled you found anything useful there!

You did pretty dang good in June, in my book! You can't really control the scale anyway, but all of the things over which you had control, you achieved! And kudos for blowing that cardio goal right out of the water!

Your plan looks great. If you're choosing healthy foods in good portions and getting that exercise in, you'll see results, even if the scale doesn't cooperate. I'm excited for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! And that is a really great idea to write everything out. That way you can see how far you've come! I am going to do that too!

About the meal plan. I think you are right on target. I heard somewhere that you should eat like a king in the morning, and prince at noon, and a pauper at night. You burn the calories (any food you want) during the day slowly as you are busy, and at night you need to eat alot less.

So definitely eat more calories for lunch instead of dinner! Good Luck! I am sure you are going to do great!!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Your goals are very smart and sensible. Fad diets are NOT the way to go. But a healthy lifestyle leads to all kinds of good changes.
Path to Health

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online