Tuesday, July 08, 2008

[ Race for Life ]


I did my first Race for Life on Sunday - 5km! This year my mom and I went together so I walked along with her but next year I hope to be able to run it. That is my goal. Something to work towards.


3000 woman were there. It was fantastic. Some people got dressed up, others were there with their children and hubbies. The local radio station was there and we even had Nivea Boys with Pom Poms cherring us on….lol


Such a good day! Here are some photos from the day. As I don’t have my camera I have had to use these from the radio stations website, its ok - I sent them an email asking them if I could use them before I took them :-).




It took us about 45 minutes to do the race. It was held at our local park so 80% was walked on the grass and the rest was on paths. And to add to all the fun it rained pretty much all of the time we were walking. And I don’t mean a little drizzle - I mean absolutely pelting it down. We were soaked through and even then had water running off of our faces. I loved it!


Another proud day for me. Something new to add to my list of "good" about me. And do you know what else I thought was fantastic? Monday morning I wasn’t even stiff. That was surprising for me because I definitely thought I would wake up and would have to roll out of bed because I wouldn’t be able to move my legs. But that was not the case. I managed to get out of bed and I even made it into work.


Heres to all the other 2999 woman who raced with me on Sunday. Well Done to you all!

1 comment:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I got caught out in a downpour once when walking, and it was a horrible/wonderfully exhilirating experience! Kudos to you and the others for the effort!

And you WILL run that race next year--believe it!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online