Monday, June 18, 2007

I love starting

new projects. The excitement of something new. The tension of the challenge that is laying ahead. The feeling of doing something that is going to make you grow. This is what i love about new projects.

This weekend i decided to start a new knitting project. "Josephine". This is the name of my next knit.

Originally i was going to use the blue yarn that i bought but i decided instead to use this yarn as i think it will look fantastic once it is complete.

Sunday afternoon my mom and dad came round for dinner. After we had eaten my mom sat down to help me with the pattern as it looked really difficult - at least to a newbie knitter like me. I thought i had gotten the hang of it when i somehow managed to drop about eight stitches in the lacy part of the pattern and i just couldn't manage to pick them up again. I had to frog everything that i had done and am now having to start again. Hopefully, this time i will have a better idea of what i am doing and so it wont take me as long - that's the theory anyway.

I also picked up this cute journal from Tesco's on Saturday. I am trying to decide if i should use it as my normal life journal or if i should use it as my inspirational creative journal. At the moment i am leaning more towards the second option but we will see. Thanks Ali for the idea!
I also got some time this weekend to do some scrapping so i will update you on that later in the week.

Peace

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online