Monday, June 04, 2007

Refreshing

So last night i got out the bath, dried my hair and climbed into bed. As i lay there i realised that sometime between me getting in the bath and laying here in bed it had started to rain. I got to spend about 10 minutes of pure silence just closing my eyes and listening to rain falling outside. I haven't done that in such a long time. Sitting here at work, almost 17 hours since then and i still get this peaceful feeling, this calmness that i can not really explain. It was so refreshing and it reminded me to thank the Lord for the rain that came down last night.

Apart from the rain last night the weekend was filled with fantastic weather. I managed to get everything washed including all the bedding and i managed to take the pillows and the duvet outside to air. I love summer! I did some house work, i caught up on my knitting, read more of my book - which i now only have about 20 pages left and then i am SO going to do a review on this book - and most importantly some scrapping. I created three things. Two below and the other is being kept for tomorrow.

The first one is just a photo frame that i bought from a car boot sale a few weeks ago and have finally gotten around to altering it. It is simple but i love it!
"Create Memories Everyday"
The second is my layout for the Effer Dares # 67 I had such a fun time putting this together and the more memories i started remembering the more that kept coming. I don't do nearly enough journaling on my layouts but this officially a thing of the past! You can find the journaling below.
"If I had the opportunity to go back in time and choose for myself which era I could grow up in, I would chose the exact same era as what I originally grew up in – the early 1990’s. So often people ask you if I grew up in the 80’s or the 90’s and this is a tough one for me. You see, I grew up in the late 80’s but also the early 90’s. When I think of my childhood memories, of the fashion back then, the popular music, the latest games – I get flash backs of memories which cross over both those era’s. I remember having hundreds of different colored scrunches, multiple banana clips and several Alice Bands. Having your ears pierced twice was also a popular thing as well as those fake, wash on tattoos. While at School we used to listen to Brian Adams, Aqua singing the Barbie song and One, Two, Three, Four by Steps. In the holidays we used to play on the play station. We would spend hours playing Paper Boy, Tetris and Frogger. And when it came to fashion there are always five things that stick out in my mind – 1. Ski pants 2. Ankle length neon colored socks that we would alternate on each foot and then roll them down and 3. The fringe that we would curl and sweep up and across our face holding it firmly in place with hairspray, 4. Doc Martins and 5. Ripped jean shorts. These are just a few of the many happy memories I have about growing up in the 90’S."

Well, that is it from me today but definitely more to come tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love listening to the rain fall. So peacefull and relaxing. Awesome frame. I need to do one of the effers...some day! LOL

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online