Saturday, June 23, 2007

The perfect morning

The curtains in our bedroom are not the best for summer time. As soon as the sun begins to rise we totally know about it as our curtains don't seem to be able to keep any of it out. Because of this i have been waking up about 5am every morning this week. Most mornings i lay in bed and try to go back to sleep for that extra hour between when the sun comes up and when my alarm clock goes off but Friday morning i decided that i was just going to get up and start my day a little earlier than normal.

I can not tell you how glad i am that i decided to do this. I went down stairs to make myself a cup of tea and looked out the kitchen window. There on the back fence was little guy and he was playing with the bushes and flowers that were growing up the fences in my neighbours yard.
I stood there for a while just watching him working away in the rain. His mind totally concentrating on the task at hand. I decided i was going to run upstairs *as quietly as possible as Stu was still sound asleep* and grab my camera.
These are the photos i took while sitting at our lounge window, steaming cup of tea next to me while i watched and photographed all the things happening outside.

While i was sitting watching *Jack*, two pigeons landed on the fence going up the yard toward the house and would you believe they started doing their pigeon love dance. It was so cute - i changed the setting on my camera to sport and took photo after photo after photo of these two birds flying and jumping and flapping their wings.
After a little while, these two pigeons quietened down and Jack decided to come back and sit on the fence with them. He was so funny! I dont know what he was saying but he sure seemed talkative as he sat there making the weirdest noises and these two pigeons kept giving him such funny looks.
It is mornings like this that i love. Sitting there with the window open i could smell the fresh air. I could hear the birds all making their own noises. While wathcing all of what was going on, it also gave me time to think. To appreicate all that God has created on this earth for us and it also made me realise how small i am in this huge place. It was good. It was refreshing. It was inspiring.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online