Friday, June 08, 2007

Inside My heart - Living with Passion and Purpose

Ladies, if you are looking to get yourself a book that you can really sink your teeth into, a book that you will enjoy reading and that will really make you look at yourself and your life around you then this is the book for you. Perhaps it was just one of those times when the very thing that i needed came to me.

There is so much in this book. I tend to take whatever book i am reading at the time and read it during my lunch hour. I try to read at night as well but so often that just doesn't happen. The thing is, is that the time between readings i still find myself thinking about what i read earlier. I guess you could say that this book has really been a thought provoking one for me.

I have just finished reading it and my mom has asked to lend it at the weekend but i know that when i get it back i will read it again. That too is not normally something i do but i really think that this book calls for it - not because i felt this it was confusing or that i missed things but because it gave me so much to think about that i feel it would be a good idea to read it again, and the fact that i really did enjoy her style of writing.

So here are some points that i want to remember before i give the book over to my mom. Hopefully this will help me to carry on thinking about them and they might just help some of you out there too.

* In order to have the life that you want you need to make choices.
* Even choosing not to choose is a choice
. *This is a big one for me*
* In order for me to experience happiness, fulfillment and peace i need to know two things: who i am and who i am meant to be.
* I have the power to choose my life rather than just accepting it as it comes along.
* We are defined by the choices that we make.
*Very true but very scary*
* Do not apologize for my femine ways. God made me this way on purpose and don't let anybody tell you there is anything wrong with being a woman and doing things as a woman does them.
*
Don't let anything control your life unless it's something I want in my life. *I can think of at least two areas that i need to work on with this statement*
* You get what you ask for and if you don't ask, your going to end u settling for less than you want and deserve.
*
God expects me to be an advocate for myself! *Had first hand experience with this just yesterday*
* God doesn't give you anything more than what you can handle.
* If a woman truly loves her family she must not and will not neglect herself.
* You can't control other people. You cannot control what they say, what they think or what they do. People have the right to think and say whatever they want to. But you have the right not to take it to heart, and not to react.
*Again, another big one for me. I cant say that i am acting on this one yet but i am definitely letting it sit and sink into me*
* Take charge of your health and make it your business to know what your body needs to thrive.
* The choices we make reveals that stuff that we are made of.
* You have to listen to that voice inside you that tells you the truth. Its quiet and steady and certain of its rightness because it comes from a deep part of you, the part of you the simply knows. Each of us has that deep inner wisdom that comes from our life experiences, but we don't always trust it enough to obey it.
* I am the heart of my home.

Well, that is it from me for now - now have a great weekend!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online