Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Things are looking up

There is nothing nicer than the aroma of freshly baking bread in your house! Yesterday i got home from work to find just that in. It was wonderful and five and a half hours later, while climbing into bed, i could still smell the bread!

I seem to finally have some good news to share. After spending so many months waiting and waiting i received my visa extension. It only took eight months to get a twelve month extension...lol. But finally it is here. That means i am now one step closer to being able to apply for my British Passport.

And i can also share that my company has finally agreed to help me pay to study further. I have registered with the school, sent off the cheque for the first two papers and am just waiting for all the study material to arrive. As sad as this is going to sound, i am a nerd! I love studying and learning new things and taking on these challenges so i am very excited to get started.

All in all, things are just starting to feel better for me. Work is going well, I have study prospects, the visa has come through and my brother is moving over to the UK within the next few months (I haven't seen him in about two and half years if not a little longer than that).

I feel like finally i am starting to get myself back. I am finding out who i am again and i like it! My self confidence is growing, my passions are growing, my personality is flowering and i am so happy that all of this is taking place. Even down to simple things like I have really started to do more things for me, for example - i found out that i really like Fergies song - Big Girls don't Cry and that i still love singing along to to FLO. I love cooking but hate spending the time searching for the recipes. I love having my hair short, straight and highlighted and hate shaving. So many things that i finding out and relearning. I am hoping that as i go through this experience i will begin to feel confident to make those decisions that i have been unsure about.

Life is Good!

Thought i would leave you with Fergies song.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh yum! Bread is my weakness!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online