Friday, February 02, 2007

Happiness

Today i thought i would share with you what things, at the moment , are making my life happy.
Things that i couldn't and wouldn't want to live without.

1.Friends, both near and far. Over the past few months i seem to have gotten back in touch with some of my dearest friends. Even though we all seem to be scattered across the globe and all at different stages of our lives, we still keep in touch, we still know what is going on with each other and we still feel as if it was only yesterday that we were together. There is no awkwardness, no uneasiness - we are just good solid friends. I can not be more grateful for the impact that these girls have on my life.
2. Scarves. Yes we are in the middle of winter out here, all be it a very mild winter this year, but one of the things i love best about this season is being able to get all my scarfs out. I have red, green, black, multicoloured, knitted, fabric, plain, designed! The list goes on and on and i am sure that if i were to talk a good look i would see that i have indeed got more scarf's than handbags!

3. My slippers. I have always loved my slippers and now in the middle of winter I love them even more. The fist thing i do when i get in from work at night is off with the shoes on with the slippers!
4. My little sewing machine. This got given to me about a month ago by a very kind lady i met on UKS. This little machine is fantastic and after a few practice attempts i really seem to have the hang of it.....so much so that i have been thinking about buying a big sewing machine and trying my hand at making some clothes! I guess its one step at a time so for now this little cutie has its very own place on my desk.

5.Ok, so maybe this photos is not the best one i could have taken for how i feel about her but time was a little short this morning so it simply had to do. This is Skoene. She is three years old and a real little madame. Up until a few months ago, when we got her spayed, she was a very independent, very isolated cat. She made no friends with our other cats and did not like to be touched let alone picked up. But things seem to have changed! She is now little miss fuss pot. She jumps up on our bed, she has her own spot on the chair that she likes to lay on, she even doesn't mind us picking her as long as we do it slowly and carefully.

6. I am loving my car. My mom and dad bought me a car off of ebay for Christmas. It was totally unexpected and totally appreciated. The car that i currently had was OK, very old and although she didn't break down, she was driving on her last legs.
7. Books. Ever since i was a little girl i have loved to read. Books of all sorts, of far off places, of different people and different adventures. Being a true girly teenager, there was nothing better than a teen romance. Now a days i have started reading a new series that my mom bought. I seemed to have gotten my love for books from her and she managed to eat her way through all five books within a matter of a few weeks. I am currently on the second book in the series and loving every page of it. If you are ever stuck for something to read I would totally recommend these books.

8. Fridays! Who does not like Fridays! This special day of the week always makes me feel happy.
9. Butternut Squash. Now this little baby comes all the way from back home. Winter would just not be the same without this Delicious pumpkin family addition to my dinner plate. Roasted, boiled, mashed - i never tire of the taste!

10. OK, so you get home from work and it has been one of those days. After seeing to everyone else in the family, you finally get a few minutes to yourself. Where do you go? What do you do? If its me and i only have a few minutes. I find myself heading here....
11. These delicious things are something that i only recently found. Before my choice of hot drink was one of two things....tea or hot chocolate. But, now that i am a more sophisticated woman, NOT!!! i find that i have started to enjoy Cappuccino. Decaff Cappuccino but Cappuccino none the less.

12. This is the first year that i bought the Design with Calender. I LOVE it. Yes, it is true that i have not yet done one layout or project with any of the days inspirations BUT and i mean a big BUT this is something that i can see myself using year, after year, after year.

13. OK, so i am sure by now you just cant wait to have my list finish. Don't worry, this is my last thing for this list! What do i love at the moment? What makes me happy? This post would not be complete if i did not in some way or another include Greys Anatomy. I started in late on this show and from the first episode that i saw, i was hooked. Now out here in the UK we are only just finishing season 2 but all my friends out there in America, your in season 3. Let me just say something........I CANT WAIT ANOTHER SIX MONTHS TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS!!! I need to know and i need to know now!*OK rant over - phew* But seriously you guys - i love this show.


Now, if you have a few minutes spare, why don't you take a look at Toya's blog. Her inspirational Wednesday post inspired me to use the flowers the way i did on the layout below. I hadn't intended to include them in this layout but while sitting here in front of my PC, trying to put my layout together, her post and my thoughts just combined and WAM BAM her inspiration met mine!


Thanks for sticking around and hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

coool layout, I like how you used the flowers for your inspiration, I had that sewing maching but it didn't last long, I guess I was really working it to the maximum. I hope you get a lot of layouts out of it

Adrienne said...

Love how the flowers inspired your LO! I LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVE GA!!! I ADORE Thursdays!!! LOL

Kimberly White said...

Found you on Toya's blog! Great layout -- I'm totally getting into flowers lately too! Have to say that I LOVE Grey's anatomy too! Gonna have to go buy the seasons -- I only got interested last year (saw the last episode and I was hooked) It's on tonight and I have the couch reserved! Hope you have a lovely day! Kim

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online