Thursday, February 08, 2007

ha ha ha

OK, so this is how my day was yesterday. Actually, it was a lot worse but I'm trying to find the brighter side of things. I got this email last night from one of my friends with loads of little things like this on it.....look out for future posts featuring this little granny!

Wednesday was a bad day. Tuesday, however, was a good day. You know how you sort of have those days where you feel on top of the world? Tuesday was my day to feel like that.I felt special, excited about life, happy. I know, i know - its all a little dramatical and emotional but there you go.

I have been visiting Toya's blog for some time now, and over the past few months she has started sewing her own clothes. Now, for those of you who know me, you will know that i am no girly girl. I don't do the knitting thing, i don't do the sewing thing and i don't do the makeup thing and the jewelery thing. Not that i think there is anything bad or wrong with this, its just that its not me - at least not right now. So anyways, i was getting that the point that after seeing all of Toya's sewing i decided that maybe, just maybe i should try my hand at it. It would save a fortune on clothes plus , more importantly for me at the moment, it would be something new to learn. Something to help me expand and grow on myself. Something to help me improve my self confidence.
So off we went to Tescos and picked up this lovely sewing machine. It cost a grand total of £49.95 and seems to work so very well. Now its not a fancy embroidery one, its just a plane Jane like me. It does all the basic stuff needed a long with a few extras for in case and i think it is great. I have only played around with it a little as i have no fabric and no patters as of yet but i did cut up and old T-shirt of OH and used it to make a button hole. Yup - I made a button hole. Wooohooo!

Since I started this scrapping thing, i have only used the VERY basics of Paint Shop pro. But, after reading Karen's blog entry i decided i would have to try my hand at digitally altering a photo. This is the outcome! It did take several attempts but i love the end result, so again a pat on the back for me. Learning something new again!



The weather outside is snowing. The weatherman has forecast snow blizzards today, tomorrow and Saturdays and yet here i sit at work! Lets hope that i make it home tonight and don't have to spend the night in this office!! Have a great Thursday everyone and speak to you soon.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online