Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Why oh why?

Will someone please tell me what the inventor of the bicycle seat was thinking when he made these. Now i say he because there is no way a woman would have invented or made such an uncomfortable and horrible thing. Let me tell you what happened. Sunday morning i convinced Stuart to come do a Spinning class with me at the gym. It was a first time for me and i didn't really want to go alone. 30 minutes into it and my butt had started aching to the point where i folded up my sweat towel and tried to use it as a cushion. 40 minutes into it and i considered getting off the bike and leaving the class (the only reason i didn't was because i was at the back and couldn't squeeze past the other people without disturbing and thus putting myself in the centre of attention). 50 minutes into it i had to get off the bike while everyone else happily carried on cycling and stand for a few minutes. 60 minutes into it i was so relieved that it was over that i was almost jumping up and down. A few seconds later the instructor came over to ask how we had enjoyed it. I promptly said that my butt was killing me and she promptly told me that the correct terminology was "saddle sore". I don't care what you call it - my butt was still aching!

So which mad man made bicycle seats 5.5 inches wide? My butt is no where near 5.5 inches wide and let me tell you that if it was i would still not be sitting on one of these!


On a different note, i had my hands slapped yesterday as i am not allowed to tell you the exciting news for a few more days - sorry about that!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online