Friday, August 03, 2007

Looking up and looking forward....

Last night i got to spend some time with my journal. I sat down with a cup of tea and just stared at the page for ages with lots of different thoughts going round my head. No matter how hard i tried to form a proper sentence i just couldn't put anything in words. So, i grabbed a few magazines that i had lying around and i went to it. I cut out all sorts of different words that relate to what i am thinking, how i am feeling.....devastated, attitude, dreams, bride, always tired. It truly was amazing how many words you can find. I then decided to make a collage of them in my journal and by the end of it i was very happy with the result.


Today things are not feeling all that much better BUT i am looking up and looking forward. I have been learning that you don't have to do what your feelings say. Part of growing in your faith is learning that you can choose to be happy despite how you feel so this is my sole goal for today.

This is the next project that i want to cast on, minus the ribbon belt thing. I have the yarn already and the pattern, i just need 10 minutes to read through it and get a general idea of how it all fits together.
My tomato is coming along fantastically. I have another inch or so left to knit before i start the ribbing and once that is done then i need to block it and wear it!! I am so excited. I was hoping to have it finished by the 14th but i am not sure if that is going to happen. We will see.

Do you remember me telling you about the great bargains that i got off of eBay for the needles and the yarn? Well it arrived and i am very pleased.

I have been bitten by the knitting bug and unfortunately scrapping has taken a back seat - but that is alright with me because at the moment i am doing what i enjoy and i will always go back to scrapbooking.

Some eye candy for you:
I found this beanie on Neither Hip nor Funky (this is her photo as well) and then from her blog you can find this link, Beanie pattern. This is on my list of future projects for Stu.

Then, how about this beautiful Butterfly Frame - again this is on my projects to do list.

And how about this cool knitting blog - Knitting your town.

And just look at this lush jewellery from QVC



Are you a Bagaholic? Take a look at these lovely bags. Actually her entire site, Craft Apple, has got some great stuff on it!

Oh, and how about these beautiful quilts. This is definitely something that i want to try my hand at next!
And how about these for wedding invites or baby announcements? In the appropriate colours of course.

Make your own newspapers clippings
And how about this beautiful quilt made by Jenny which can be found here

That is just some of what is keeping me busy at the moment. It looks like we are finally going to have a sunny weekend and we are hoping to head on Saturday as it is our 6 year anniversary. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

God Bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved perusing your links....loved the quilt. I am with you...I would love to try quilting....
great words about chosing to be happy no matter how you "feel"....sometimes feeling don't reveal truth....sometimes they take time to catch up....
Have a great week
Melissa

Soo said...

Hello. I was just blog surfing and noticed that you were considering knitting the Glade pattern (Martin Storey)(at least I'm pretty sure that's what it is). Anyway - there were a few people who knit it on one of the knitting forums I read who had problems with the tension for the edging (I think in the end Rowan recommended larger needles for the edging). Anyway - all of that to say that it is definitely worthwhile doing a bit of blog research before you begin(I know one blogger wrote a lot about her experience http://susancrowe.co.uk ).

It is a GORGEOUS pattern - and it would be a shame not to benefit from what they learned.

Phew - what a long comment!
Happy knitting!
Cheers, Soo.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online